Not to be that guy but

Stretchhunts

My kid and I were coming back from the lake the other night from some bullhead fishing. I decided to drive by my walleye spot to check the water level under a bridge. I found two trucks with spot lights and a generators and them fishing. I called my uncle who lives near by. He called a Dec Officer he knows to let him know. I went back down there today and the DEC officer had two guys by his truck and was giving them tickets. This place is closed for walleye spawning. It just Ticks me off guys can't wait just over 2 weeks and have to ruin opening day for others.  :)

Bullhead bite was slow. Got a call back from the DEC officer and he caught two guys fishing there today. Couldn't say if they had walleyes or not but they did get tickets.  My uncle went down there just before dark and there were more guys fishing down there.  This place used to be awesome opening weekend but now I know why it's been bad the last few years. Guys are catching them before they spawn. I told Officer Childs to expect more calls from us, lol

Thats the beauty of havin the cellphone..friday i had two guys i had never seen before shed hunting..whistled to them..they kept walkin but whistled back..when i caught up to em..they had no permission when asked..and had no idea who the land owner was..so i  dialed up said owner and he told them via speakerphone to beat foot outta his posted property..

Bullhead bite was slow. Got a call back from the DEC officer and he caught two guys fishing there today. Couldn't say if they had walleyes or not but they did get tickets.  My uncle went down there just before dark and there were more guys fishing down there.  This place used to be awesome opening weekend but now I know why it's been bad the last few years. Guys are catching them before they spawn. I told Officer Childs to expect more calls from us, lol

The sad part is these are adults.. not kids..

I'd guess late 40's early 50's for age. It just burns me real bad knowing thses guys are catching Walleye before the spawn. There are signs all up and down the creek saying it's closed until opening day of walleye. I'm guessing they are saying they are trout fishing but it's closed to all fishing right now.

yes I'm glad those guys in catskill got busted.  its easy to catch spawning eyes.  I suppose they were "sportsmen"  who got caught in a weak moment.  I carry my cell only for emergency or if I see some "sportsman" breakin the law.  I damn sure will use it.