Unique pump action rifle

I've shot one....

The action is very nice, super tight and no play for any of it's travel. Great trigger, good thought out way to change barrels and better bolt head design than most, very light and when ready balanced well.

But WNY you are correct....the movement is poor. It's not to bad at a stationary target, but this gun is designed in large part to do driven game, so the extra time to reaquire the reticle is self defeating when you add in the swing of the gun, IMO.

I'd love to own a 450/400 double K-gun, and I had a K80 12 ga.; Krieghoff makes good stuff. But they entered a market(switch barrel guns) that others are doing better. Pump idea just put them doing their own thing for a different mouse trap....sales are not supposed be all that good. Alex Diehl the N. American Head honcho hunts near me......I've known him since he ran Blaser NA out of Maryland......

I also agree that the scope movement is what makes this gun a poor design eventhough it costs and arm and a leg.  The inexpensive Remington 760 will not give shooters such problems. I can also see someone getting a glove or part of a coat caught in all the exposed movement of the action where one would not be able to close it and making a follow up shot impossible.  Again with the Remington 760 with it's enclosed bolt this would be less likely to happen.  Leave it to the Germans to overdesign something that really doesn't need it.

I would love to try it. The scope movement would make acquiring the target difficult for follow up shots however, if you make the first shot count you would have no problems.

Can't argue with that. ;)

Here's Alex at SCI doing his demo of a Semprio.

What's interesting about reviews of guns often of "different" design, is how the application gets lost. This gun is not designed for a one shot and admire it concept. Good if that first shot hits, but in driven game(what this is built for) thats not always the case when you have moving targets and often multiples.

Typical driven stand hunt;

Some hunting in Europe requires a shooter to take an entire family unit; does and all dependent fawns as landowner regulations. That's why there is a premium placed on speed of reload. A stiff financial penalty and loss of permission often results for errors made in the field. At the same time much of the world restricts the ownership of any semi-automatic guns......so building a better mouse trap becomes relative. (I still think this particular design is a bit weak :) )

Another design factor is in switch barrel guns; many countries regulate numbers of guns by a private owner. But that in some cases doesn't limit barrel count; thats why there are several manufacturers offering this feature. One receiver, but many calibers...... but not limited to a single shot as say a TC Encore.......from 17hmr up to 505 gibbs.....Blaser,Merkel,Sauer,Mauser,Krieghoff, and a host of smaller makes; all play in this market.

The US is just a tiny fraction of their sales, they don't care how much the guns cost relative to other manufacturers and what we typically buy. Our week dollar compared to the Euro also drives up cost for overseas markets. :(

"Another design factor is in switch barrel guns; many countries regulate  numbers of guns by a private owner. But that in some cases doesn't limit  barrel count; that's why there are several manufacturers offering this  feature. "  I expect that these countries have issue with semi-autos as well.

Outside of the changeable barrel, why?  I bet my Browning Lever Rifle  can cycle just as quickly at less than 1/5th the cost.  Browning has a  take down version of this but I don't know if you can swap barrels.    Seems like it would at least work with the same case head size such as  .243/.308.  Not sure about the rest of their caliber options.