I'm so bored...

wooly

...anything with a heartbeat gets it's picture taken lately. ::( Sorry for these being non- hunting related.

I've been turkey hunting for the last two weeks with the camera and calls and haven't seen or heard a gobbler yet so you'll have to settle for these. ;D

My first snake of the year. I think he just swallowed a frog.

Had to be close to a 4 footer. :O

150_filtered-1.jpg

066_filtered.jpg

Next up was this Great Grey Slug. I chased him around for a while before he finally tired out enough to stop for a pic or two. Man am I out of shape! ;) This friggin' thing was a good 5 or 6 inches!! :O He was only the 2'nd one I've ever found here.

007_filtered-1.jpg

Back at the pond, I had to inform Kermits family one of their friends would not be joining them for an afternoon swim. :'(

086_filtered-1.jpg

Long story, but I believe Mrs Snake swallowed the frog to catch the spider that wiggled and jiggled and giggled inside her. ::)

062_filtered-1-1.jpg

I offered up a ladybug for good luck.

090_filtered.jpg

A 6 spotted beatle...

003_filtered-2.jpg

A little salamander...

024_filtered-1.jpg

A purdy little flower I made neon,lol!

027_filtered-2-1.jpg

Same two deer from this winter. The one has a very distinguishable black nose.

115_filtered-1.jpg

And finally another spring runoff flowing down to the crick. Now if I could just find some darn turkeys, I'd be a happy man. ;)

005.jpg

Thanks Burt! I think sometimes we take for granted or don't pay any attention to the little natural beauties that surround us every day. It's been a real fun spring for me so far. Heck, I'll admit I never gave these little chits a second look untill I started carrying my cam everywhere. :(

Great pics.But I gotta say I hate snakes,If that thing is around I would be gone...........Thanks for the amazing shots..

Amazing Photos Wooly!  I'm with nyhunter - snakes = I'm outa' there... RIGHT NOW!!!

How CLOSE to that darn forked-tongue thing were you anyway, to get that first photo?

Well, I can't focus under 6 feet so I was right at the edge of that for the pics on the slithery snake. I have a bit of an obsession (passion) for reptiles so I have to catch them once I find one of any species. :(

I'm a bit of a nut that way when it comes to creepy crawly critters that can bite me. ;)  One of these days I'd like to run into a Timber Rattler on my home turf just for the experience, but I haven't had any luck with that yet! :'(

I think a lot of folks are just scared of snakes because they don't have the knowledge to identify a venomous species from the harmless ones and they can be tough to seperate especialy if they catch you by surprise in the field. We really don't have many here in NY for much concern to run into them often as hard as some of us seek them out.

When I was a kid, I'd let them bite me on purpose to show my mom they weren't any threat to her while she played in the garden. Once upon a time on a Canadian fishing trip I caught a rattler before I was smart enough to know what it was. I wish I had my camera for that one,lol. :)

Sorry Wooley I see a snake and I 'm going the other way.I don't need to know if it is poisinus or not I'm gone.I have a buddy that was or is into snakes and he had rattlers and puff Atters in his house at one time,I would not even go in the house.

Sorry Wooley I see a snake and I 'm going the other way.I don't need to know if it is poisinus or not I'm gone.I have a buddy that was or is into snakes and he had rattlers and puff Atters in his house at one time,I would not even go in the house.

Hahaha- I can respect that. They're not for everybody to enjoy! ;)

Even our safe snakes have some pretty frightening attitudes when provoked. I think that's what I like the most about them. Most often they just go un-noticed and keep to themselves untill a dork like me comes along,lol. ::)

Nice pictures Wooly.Have you ever been to the Bergen swamp?There are rattlers there although I don't think they are timber rattlers.

Never heard of it nor been there, but that's some place I'm definately gonna have to look into if it's not too far. Thanks for the tip! :)

Nice pictures Wooly.Have you ever been to the Bergen swamp?There are rattlers there although I don't think they are timber rattlers.

Never heard of it nor been there, but that's some place I'm definately gonna have to look into if it's not too far. Thanks for the tip! ;)

Wooly.... Don't go there - Step Away From the Camera. 132 said 'Rattlers'!!!  ???

And you need to get how close... 6' ???  You're the Man (you must wear burlap underwear or somethin').  You'll never catch me lookin' for snakes - hate 'em, hate 'em with a passion!!!

Keep photographing the flowers, deer, water falls, and non-threatening wildlife... it may not be as exciting - but it's a h*ll of alot safer!  Take care mister.

Hey guys, I understand I'm rambling at this point but I truely appreciate all the great comments and this IS my post so I can do as I wish with it,lol! ;)

A lot of times I believe most of the encounters we experience afield are easily forgotten or we're so focused on the hunt and a kill that we pay no attention to the little things we walk by on a daily basis. I don't remember who said it, but in one of our Nugent threads, a member made refference to Teds feelings of being "high" on the outdoors and because of the way he portrayed himself in his vid clips. Just for the record, I'm neither a lover or hater of Uncle Ted but I can certainly relate to his passion for the beauties of nature, and am just as easily excited at the most seemingly insignifacant things!

I almost took offence that others could question what truely stimulates another man in this way... untill I realized I get just as excited about the same chit when it comes to nature as he does and didn't expect everyone to believe how deep it is. A little more soft spoken on my end, but if you get me talking, or a critter in front of my cam sights....LOOK OUT!!! I'm on cloud 9 praying I capture the momment just right, but sometimes my greenhorn skill level out weighs my ability. :-[

I think as most of you can already see, I'm not a professional photographer with 1000's of dollars in equiptment tied up in my sack, nor years of experience under my belt. Just another guy like the rest of ya's that found a new hobby that has really enlightened me on my VERY limited budget and bargain basement gear, and now I make the most of every day with my new set of "cross-hairs".  ;)

I give many thanx to Chenango Dave from this site for helping me with my venture into DSLR's. He's been a great help to me and has more impressive photos than you can shake a stick at on his Pbase site.

No..., I haven't given up hunting, but personal issues have heald me back recently to hunt the way I'd like. When it comes to bringing my pics to life, I hope you can appreciate the time and effort involved in each and every one whether they come out photographicly correct or not.

I've been learning along the way and have seen some improvements since my start. I'm always hoping to do better for everyones enjoyment including my own most of all.

I'm hoping by next fall to have many more BIG BUCK eye candy to share with you all. This off season is one of my favorite times to keep a close eye on the growing racks, so stay tuned as I try to perfect my camera skills on what I know you are all waiting for! ;)

Wolly, I was in Callicoon Agway  on Satursday and to my great surprise and pleasure a full grown Bald Eagle flew over head. He was about 100' up with a fish in his talons. Just a beautiful site, wish I had a camera. Once in a life time moment of true nature. Made my day hell the whole month.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Again...I apppreciate the comments and you all taking the time to look. Another installment is on the way. Another un-hunting related series coming up, but man is it all naturallll! :) 

I was hoping for some fawn shots, but no luck yet here with that. :)  The does are ready to drop here any day now, so it should be action packed soon!