Parenting advice

sodfather

Without reading the other replies, this is what I think. Your daughter tried something new, didn't do very well with it. So what. Everyone tries new things, new adventures. Some do well, some ok, and some not so good. Try something else. She'll find something to excel in. Everyone finds their niche.

It would worry me more, if she didn't try something new. Good luck with what the future holds!

Why these kids don’t come with manuals is beyond me?!? You know your kid better than any of us obviously. What works for our kids may not work for yours. Hell, what works for one of my twin boys is exactly the wrong thing for the other one.
My daughter “excelled” in Irish step dancing so her teacher encouraged us to enter her in competitions. We did, she did well and so we kept entering her in other higher tournaments- she HATED IT all of a sudden even though she continued having success. She finished the “season” and never went back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Let it go .

Two adult daughters , a RN and a CPA at one of the big four, been through it all the sports and stuff . It all may seem a big deal at the time, but it’s nothing down the road , let them excel at life .

Dont  force anything  , I had one who kept getting cut and would come home and cry and the other quit  varsity B.B. her senior year because a few minutes on the floor wasn’t worth all the year round effort to her .

Know that  it’s doesn’t mean a thing down the road ,although it may seem a big deal now .

im a pretty good salmon skier ,it was my passion for 40 plus years.  My youngest can also salmon   But the oldest never even got up on two skis , I never pushed it .

Today I hunt with the oldest and ski with the youngest , just let th flow take you where it does .

Good advice but what is a salmon skier?  I have a hard enough time netting them let alone standing on them!

• Haha 2

Good advice but what is a salmon skier?  I have a hard enough time netting them let alone standing on them!

I noticed the same thing, but then I remembered from my days at the Salmon River. Larry is one those guys who drags his salmon on a rope over that bridge at town pool. He stands on 2 salmon and they attach the rope to the back of a car.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I noticed the same thing, but then I remembered from my days at the Salmon River. Larry is one those guys who drags his salmon on a rope over that bridge at town pool. He stands on 2 salmon and they attach the rope to the back of a car.

Hard not to picture Nomad with two kings looking like aquaman skiing the dolphins from the old cartoons.  Impressive is an understatement.

9 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Without reading the other replies, this is what I think. Your daughter tried something new, didn't do very well with it. So what. Everyone tries new things, new adventures. Some do well, some ok, and some not so good. Try something else. She'll find something to excel in. Everyone finds their niche.

It would worry me more, if she didn't try something new. Good luck with what the future holds!

Not new to her has been shooting for some time just think she’s getting burned out. She shoots more arrows in a month than some do in a year. She woke up this morning saying she can’t wait to get back to the club on Tuesday but still doesn’t want to compete and that’s fine with me 

• Like 2