Had a bad season

kperez1980

I know hunting's hard especially hunting the Adirondacks some  times its about luck and being at the right place at the right time. Plus a lot of time and effort put into it. 

So very true I was out of work so I put in a lot of time but Lady Luck wasn’t on my side
Maybe I should find Mister luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Was this your first year starting out? I know I hunted hard and even being in the military had little time to hunt. I never killed my big woods buck till I was 22 years old.  It gets frustrating but don't give up. Itll happen eventually.

No I have been hunting 2 years now first time was in Ohio I shot a buck the sun was going down and the guys I was with never found him only found out the coyotes got him and I was told when I was eating breakfast in Pennsylvania I was so upset
This season with the rut being out of whack and the warm weather I saw nothing

13 minutes ago, kperez1980 said:

I figure this season coming I am going to try the private lands out in Suffolk

Welcome, and great to have you here with us. Best of luck to you this season!

Now is a great time to do some scouting, before green up. Rubs and scrapes from last fall are still evident. We got out over the weekend, and put a couple more pieces to the puzzle. On where the bucks have been spending some of their daylight hours, on our property.  

Do you turkey hunt too?

Welcome, and great to have you here with us. Best of luck to you this season!
Now is a great time to do some scouting, before green up. Rubs and scrapes from last fall are still evident. We got out over the weekend, and put a couple more pieces to the puzzle. On where the bucks have been spending some of their daylight hours, on our property.  
Do you turkey hunt too?

I did last season not sure this year with work and all

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum,  young lady  !! 

We have a lot of good folks here...You just need to learn ignore the brash youngsters like Biz-R-O-World  pay attention to the kind, gentle old grandfatherly types like Grampy, Stay at Home Nomad,  and of course, yours truly...

At your SERVICE, Fair Maiden  !!   ( Pygmy chivalrously tips his hat and bows at the waist).....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Welcome to the forum,  young lady  !! 

We have a lot of good folks here...You just need to learn ignore the brash youngsters like Biz-R-O-World  pay attention to the kind, gentle old grandfatherly types like Grampy, Stay at Home Nomad,  and of course, yours truly...

At your SERVICE, Fair Maiden  !!   ( Pygmy chivalrously tips his hat and bows at the waist).....

^^^ Creepy old dude who smells like Old Spice:rofl:

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

with limited fields it can be tough to hunt them without over pressuring them. even if you're not "busted" with deer running away, typically they eventually pick up that you've been around. they'll avoid it more and more.  with big mature woods it is a bit easier to access without scaring deer with topography having a big influence on travel and bedding.  gotta make sure your not letting the deer know you're showing up. otherwise it's a long boring season.

• Like 1

We do have a Hunters Rendezvous at Suffolk Archers August 19th, stop in and check it out, great place for new hunters to gain valuable knowledge.  We do the shot placement and deer calling along with gear and a bunch of other topics are covered like tracking, scent control etc.  We also have tournaments on weekends that start on April 8th with a turkey shoot, come on down and shoot some foam.  Otherwise I can take your on a tour anytime you want to just come and check it out.  Send a PM if interested.  

• Like 2