Denied and disappointed...

Robhuntandfish

Had a gun I wanted to check out sent to the local herb phillipsons store from another store out of the area.  Well it came in yesterday so I stopped quick on my lunch to check it out.  I liked it and they even had a scope I wanted to go with it.  So during lunch wasn't gonna have time to do paperwork, mount scope etc.  So I went back after work.  Got there and they told me they couldn't sell, show or unlock any of the guns or ammo cause their firearms license was still in renewal but wasn't done. They were just notified.  Cripes.  Missed it by 3 hours. Now that's a tease. Handle the gun and can't buy it.  Disappointing........

They are gonna hold it for me and call when it's settled. They can't even transfer it to another store and I get it there til it's renewed.  

Ruger 450 bushmaster. 

151526539885481599863.jpg

so they still dont have the FFl back.  So went to bass pro and ordered the rifle yesterday there.  After i argued with the 20 year old gal at the desk that looked like she was 15 and knew about as much about guns as I do about mascara.  She said we cant sell the bushmaster in NY - I told her its on the website that you can and its a 4 shot.  Told her its the ranch rifle - etc.  So then I called the Auburn store and they said they can order it.  So I had to tell her they said they would order it for me from their store.  Then got someone else to look it up and got it ordered.  So then I asked about ordering ammo as well and they did that no problem.  Dunno if I am supposed to get this gun. lol 

Mines a shooter, hate the flimsy stock and the god awful trigger but the little sucker will shoot. If you reload you can get some amazing numbers from the 450 in a bolt gun. My hunting load is a 275gn Barnes at 2500fps. Recoil is there but not terrible and I get very close to Moa accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Mines a shooter, hate the flimsy stock and the god awful trigger but the little sucker will shoot. If you reload you can get some amazing numbers from the 450 in a bolt gun. My hunting load is a 275gn Barnes at 2500fps. Recoil is there but not terrible and I get very close to Moa accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is the trigger heavy?  says its adjustable 3-5 pounds

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the gun tonite.  Funny I heard that Herb phillipsons got its FFL back today from where I first ordered gun and I get a call today from bass pro that my gun was in there. I already paid at bass pro and had ammo ordered so picked it up.  Gonna sight it in this weekend !  Finally.  

rps20180308_195944.jpg

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Finally got the gun tonite.  Funny I heard that Herb phillipsons got its FFL back today from where I first ordered gun and I get a call today from bass pro that my gun was in there. I already paid at bass pro and had ammo ordered so picked it up.  Gonna sight it in this weekend !  Finally.  

rps20180308_195944.jpg

Put a muzzlebreak on that thing..there's a company right here in NY who makes them and they are awesome

17 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

rps20180308_195944.jpg

Nice looking deer thumper!

Post up the results of the sight in!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Nice looking deer thumper!

Post up the results of the sight in!

sure will! Looking to punch some holes with it this weekend.  Only have one box of shells - have 4 more on order and an extra mag.   Mounted a 4x scope on it.  Considered a redfield 2x7 scope but problem is if I buy another scope and i have a scope laying around i will buy another gun.  Not kidding - I will obsess over it.   Just like a reel with no rod - cant be .  

• Like 2