March goose

BigVal

I'll try and put up some pics and reports this weekend. I can only hunt this weekend and maybe a couple evening this coming week. Our faithful spots are holding birds in decent numbers and are ready to hunt. I actually gained permission on a huge flooded corn field today. A conservative estimate is literally between 2 and three thousand birds in this field. They are packed in there. We'll see how it plays out and come up with a plan for Saturday. Good luck if anyone goes out. 

• Like 2

I'll try and put up some pics and reports this weekend. I can only hunt this weekend and maybe a couple evening this coming week. Our faithful spots are holding birds in decent numbers and are ready to hunt. I actually gained permission on a huge flooded corn field today. A conservative estimate is literally between 2 and three thousand birds in this field. They are packed in there. We'll see how it plays out and come up with a plan for Saturday. Good luck if anyone goes out. 
So how do you setup with birds already in the field?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've played it probably every way possible in the past from shooting some that I can sneak up on to sending a dog in to scare them to attempting to sneak in and hunt with no decoys etc.. 

In this situation I have to get there and see when the birds leave and show up (hopefully they head to water at night) but with such a big number I'm kinda out of my element. Scouting it tomorrow night to see how they leave and my buddy is going in the morning to see when they show. 

• Like 1

yup TF  its cruddy out.  the woods look to be snowed in tighter than a bulls arse in fly season,  the electric phone and cable lines are hanging low from all the snow weight.

the snow here is a wet heavy granular sticky mess but even with the 8-9 inches of snow we have i just got back from making a lap through the village I never had to put the truck in 4wd and not a road has been plowed yet. did hit some impressive drifts.   scanner has been busy and I would guess it will be getting busier even though they will likely cancel schools here.

Bigval, good luck on the goose hunts. I have been seeing some snows here. we don't get the march season here in our zone.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BigVal said:

The birds did it tonight and worked well. Problem was the flocks that wanted to land in were huge and had a hard time getting in. Live and learn on new spots, killed 9 between 4 guys. 

No hero shots ?

Edited by sodfather

13 minutes ago, BigVal said:

Late seasons killing me this year lol. And I took a pic on my buddies phone of two huge ones we got, because mine was dead. I'll get it sent over 

I’m not sure what it is but birds are  totally different late season than regular. They dont commit

Edited by sodfather

12 hours ago, sodfather said:

I’m not sure what it is but birds are  totally different late season than regular. They dont commit

Exactly, I much prefer September season and regular season. But couldn't resist getting some shooting in. 

• Like 1