Looking for CWD?

Nice friendly disease...1 minute of googling which works outs .00000000000000000001% of my day, do the math!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jsonline.com/amp/378642002

That study is like listening to the QDMA study. Show me the science of how they proved those deer died from CWD? You can't because it's never been proven. Every dead deer tested has died from other vectors from pneumonia to hunters to bumpers. I can show you now where they say it's now not prions that is causing the issue but an infection that may be cured with Med's. But I will wait for ya to show the science because if any deer has ever been proven to die from CWD then there is science to show it. Not some backyard study!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

That study is like listening to the QDMA study. Show me the science of how they proved those deer died from CWD? You can't because it's never been proven. Every dead deer tested has died from other vectors from pneumonia to hunters to bumpers. I can show you now where they say it's now not prions that is causing the issue but an infection that may be cured with Med's. But I will wait for ya to show the science because if any deer has ever been proven to die from CWD then there is science to show it. Not some backyard study!

I don’t think you can read. 

And no way in hell you can pretend to be a scientist. 

Let me remind everyone you jack off bucks for money. Gross

Like I said in the beginning , I don’t care. 

So, the New York Department Of Environmental Conservation has made a big deal out of nothing. Millions spent.  A big pat on the back. Taking credit for an effective control of CWD that most likely would have checked itself.

Did I miss anything? Should we expect more out of New York State government?

2 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

I don’t think you can read. 

And no way in hell you can pretend to be a scientist. 

Let me remind everyone you jack off bucks for money. Gross

Like I said in the beginning , I don’t care. 

Thats because your still full of sh!t. Period.   There are 100's of stories saying this or that yet you cant show scientific study showing any deer dead from CWD. Because its dead with a collar on its next and positive does not make it dead from CWD. 

I dont need to be a scientist because there are 100's of them out there still searching for that little nugget.. 

You better stick to being that weekend warrior.

8 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

See my post above.  7 deer confirmed 5 at a farm and 2 wild in Verona.  Then they tested 7300 deer in the area with no further positive tests.  That was a few years ago but it did happen. They took all the deer heads in the county for testing.  

Now if you really want to sound educated on the subject of CWD found in Ny you will research and find out that the fella that had the cases was not a farmer but was in fact a taxidermist that had 3 deer that he used for his business. You will also find that this guy was a Rehabber for the state of Ny with him being dropped of numbers of fawns to be raised and released into the wild after they were old enough.

They have no clue if they didnt bring an infected fawn to his rehab facility to be released into the wild or if in fact it was CWD prions passed on from his heads and Taxi work that came from out west, Both Mule and Whitetails.

They also kept names of the people that ate the positive animal to study years down the line and as of today there has never been an issue with any humans that ate positive meat.

Funny how every other state that has ever had CWD cases have Always had case after case pop up yet Ny state is alone in going 13 some years without another positive?

Remember one thing..............One must look for something before they will find it and Ny is the furthest from looking for CWD.

38 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Thats because your still full of sh!t. Period.   There are 100's of stories saying this or that yet you cant show scientific study showing any deer dead from CWD. Because its dead with a collar on its next and positive does not make it dead from CWD. 

I dont need to be a scientist because there are 100's of them out there still searching for that little nugget.. 

You better stick to being that weekend warrior.

Blah blah blah. 

It’s in the link I posted dummy. Which by the way IS A SCIENTIFIC STUDY!!!

“The higher mortality of CWD-positive deer was attributed directly and indirectly to the disease, according to a Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources report.

Not only did some deer die from the prion disease, other sickened animals - which are less aware of their surroundings, less responsive to stimuli and less physically coordinated - become more susceptible to other causes of death, including hunting, predators and vehicle collisions.”

If a guy jumps from a plane without a chute does it matter if you say he died from the fall or from the impact? 

Edited by Doewhacker
Spelling

17 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Blah blah blah. 

It’s in the link I posted dummy. Which by the way IS A SCIENTIFIC STUDY!!!

“The higher mortality of CWD-positive deer was attributed directly and indirectly to the disease, according to a Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources report.

Not only did some deer die from the prion disease, other sickened animals - which are less aware of their surroundings, less responsive to stimuli and less physically coordinated - become more susceptible to other causes of death, including hunting, predators and vehicle collisions.”

If a guy jumps from a plane without a chute does it matter if you say he died from the fall or from the impact? 

More Bull............More QDMA smack talk. Seriously...From the Wisconsin DNR  is where you take your science from.    

Bet you have all the faith in the world in our DEC to huh?     Backyard studies.............Show me the white coat scientific print out of the autopsy of the deer dead?

Every condition you just spewed out can come from a deer with Pneumonia, Clostridium, EHD and a whole list of others.

You have the same smarts on the subject that you do every time you try to jump in these conversations.    

It's Way over your head Son!

3 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

More Bull............More QDMA smack talk. Seriously...From the Wisconsin DNR  is where you take your science from.    

Bet you have all the faith in the world in our DEC to huh?     Backyard studies.............Show me the white coat scientific print out of the autopsy of the deer dead?

Every condition you just spewed out can come from a deer with Pneumonia, Clostridium, EHD and a whole list of others.

You have the same smarts on the subject that you do every time you try to jump in these conversations.    

It's Way over your head Son!

You do realize I didn’t write the article on that study right? I can’t be full of shit ect ect if I didn’t do the study and as I said, I don’t care. 

You say no deer had ever died from Cwd which is a lie and that study that I looked for one minute to find proved it and now you have come unhinged. 

I don’t recall any links to the Qdma either but ok then. You are a wacky fella that’s for sure. 

I remember when you said NY would be better if it CWD. 

Looks like you are the one full of shit. 

2 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

You do realize I didn’t write the article on that study right? I can’t be full of shit ect ect if I didn’t do the study and as I said, I don’t care. 

You say no deer had ever died from Cwd which is a lie and that study that I looked for one minute to find proved it and now you have come unhinged. 

I don’t recall any links to the Qdma either but ok then. You are a wacky fella that’s for sure. 

I remember when you said NY would be better if it CWD. 

Looks like you are the one full of shit. 

Facts Son..........Show some FACTS.  You know Science?  There are 101 studies done on the subject. All i ask for is the Science of the deer that died from CWD?  Prove that fact?   Not a bunch of crap from a state that thought they could kill every deer in that state and get rid of the disease and the price tag of millions.

You said they have died from CWD and throw up some un-scientific crap from a far from reliable source.

Like i said..........Way over you head.  Again!

21 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Facts Son..........Show some FACTS.  You know Science?  There are 101 studies done on the subject. All i ask for is the Science of the deer that died from CWD?  Prove that fact?   Not a bunch of crap from a state that thought they could kill every deer in that state and get rid of the disease and the price tag of millions.

You said they have died from CWD and throw up some un-scientific crap from a far from reliable source.

Like i said..........Way over you head.  Again!

I don’t think you are very bright. 

1 hour ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Now if you really want to sound educated on the subject of CWD found in Ny you will research and find out that the fella that had the cases was not a farmer but was in fact a taxidermist that had 3 deer that he used for his business. You will also find that this guy was a Rehabber for the state of Ny with him being dropped of numbers of fawns to be raised and released into the wild after they were old enough.

They have no clue if they didnt bring an infected fawn to his rehab facility to be released into the wild or if in fact it was CWD prions passed on from his heads and Taxi work that came from out west, Both Mule and Whitetails.

They also kept names of the people that ate the positive animal to study years down the line and as of today there has never been an issue with any humans that ate positive meat.

Funny how every other state that has ever had CWD cases have Always had case after case pop up yet Ny state is alone in going 13 some years without another positive?

Remember one thing..............One must look for something before they will find it and Ny is the furthest from looking for CWD.

Gotcha.  Yeah I admittedly don't know anything about it other than they took my deers head.  Lol.  A lot of people were worried about it when it happened.  I remember them shooting over 200 deer in the area too I believe.  Glad there wasn't any other issues since. 

Stupid posts like this really make me dislike  other hunters alot. We have enough problems with deer hunting in N.Y. already dont need hunters making more problems. I think we can agree that CWD EHD  and other diseases are a threat to deer herds all over the United States. And we can all agree we dont want it in our herds. If not transporting deer across state lines and not feeding deer and placing restrictions  on deer farmers can help stop that then im for it. And so far it seems to be working with no CWD positive deer found in a while. So until one is found and its proven  the current system doesn't work then let it be. It could be alot worse.

Quick someone get on the horn and tell these scientist that Fsw knows more than them!!
https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/wildlifehabitat/research/staffbios.html

Oh look. Throwing up more useless info. Any of these white coats ever show the science of a deer actually dead from CWD? Absolutely Not! Like I said a number of times. Way over your head but if you want to keep throwing up useless info not proving what crap you are trying to spew have at it.

Stupid posts like this really make me dislike  other hunters alot. We have enough problems with deer hunting in N.Y. already dont need hunters making more problems. I think we can agree that CWD EHD  and other diseases are a threat to deer herds all over the United States. And we can all agree we dont want it in our herds. If not transporting deer across state lines and not feeding deer and placing restrictions  on deer farmers can help stop that then im for it. And so far it seems to be working with no CWD positive deer found in a while. So until one is found and its proven  the current system doesn't work then let it be. It could be alot worse.

It's not that the system dies not work it's that they are hand picking what vector they want to pick and letting others go. 2000 out of 200.000 is not testing with intent to find something. If we all can agree that we don't want it then they should also agree that massive testing and fighting it at every vector possible? Feeding the birds and Vermin untested animals is one of the biggest if not the biggest spreading machine there is out there.

24 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Oh look. Throwing up more useless info. Any of these white coats ever show the science of a deer actually dead from CWD? Absolutely Not! Like I said a number of times. Way over your head but if you want to keep throwing up useless info not proving what crap you are trying to spew have at it.

I thought they weren’t “white coats”? 

Like I said you are NOT a scientist so why would anyone listen to Mike Kerry the deer farmer who has a vested interest on the line. 

I do think you might end up in a white coat someday, maybe not the one that does scientific studies though. 

You seem obsessed with CWD ranting about it in all kinds of threads, it’s the DEC Vs Mike Kerry in your head. 

34 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

It's not that the system dies not work it's that they are hand picking what vector they want to pick and letting others go. 2000 out of 200.000 is not testing with intent to find something. If we all can agree that we don't want it then they should also agree that massive testing and fighting it at every vector possible? Feeding the birds and Vermin untested animals is one of the biggest if not the biggest spreading machine there is out there.

Yes but no CWD has been found so far. If it is im sure they will increase  the sampling in that area. They are monitoring  for cwd not containing thank God cause we all know what that means.wiping that deer herd off the map. which i for one am not going to be responsible for by baiting or sneaking pa deer across the boarder.The best thing we could do is not make there job harder by not following the rules they have put down. 

I thought they weren’t “white coats”? 
Like I said you are NOT a scientist so why would anyone listen to Mike Kerry the deer farmer who has a vested interest on the line. 
I do think you might end up in a white coat someday, maybe not the one that does scientific studies though. 
You seem obsessed with CWD ranting about it in all kinds of threads, it’s the DEC Vs Mike Kerry in your head. 

You were the one running your mouth about deer dying from CWD and you were called out and as usual you are clueless about the conversation you jump in to. I don't need to be a scientist because there are plenty of them already looking for the ghost of a killer. When you can prove the fact that deer have indeed been confirmed dead from prions you feel free to light it up. Until then you should stick to a subject you may really know something about? It's obvious you are way out of your league on this one! Just a FYI. CWD in Ny will have nothing to do with my vested interests. The $$$$ will always be there for that interest. In fact my tested deer will go up three fold when the wild herd gets infected. Stay Tuned!

Chronic wasting disease was discovered in the 1950s when researchers observed deer in Colorado behaving like zombies, staggering around blindly as they starved to death.

• The disease, caused by the spread of proteins called prions, has since been reported in Canada and some US states, including Michigan and Wisconsin.

• No human has caught the disease, but a recent study suggests it could get into a person's brain if they were to eat meat from an infected animal.

When a deer becomes infected with chronic wasting disease, it can take up to two years before signs of the illness become visible.

At some point, the animal will lose weight, stop interacting with other deer, and lose its fear of humans, and it may start drinking and salivating more. It winds up staring vacantly as it starves to death, which is why the illness is also known as "zombie deer" disease.

As far as we know, though, no human has ever been infected with the disease, caused by the spread of misfolded proteins called prions.

But Canadian researchers have recently expressed concerns that the disease could infect people who eat deer, elk, moose, or others that carry the proteins.

Preliminary results from an ongoing study by the Alberta Prion Research Institute show that macaques, the primates most similar to humans that can be used in research, can catch the disease after regularly consuming infected meat.

Because of that, "the potential for CWD to be transmitted to humans cannot be excluded," Health Canada said in an advisory in April. "The most prudent approach is to consider that CWD has the potential to infect humans."

As of January, there were 186 counties in 22 states that reported the disease in animals like deer and elk. CDC

The rise of a strange illness

Researchers noticed this disease about 50 years ago in Colorado. Since then it has been reported in neighboring states, those around the Great Lakes — including Wisconsin and Michigan — and Canada.

Prion illnesses are often progressive and usually fatal, and scientists think they can adapt to infect different types of species — including, potentially, humans. But they're not well understood.

The similar illness mad cow disease became a problem after cattle ate bone meal from sheep with a neurodegenerative disease. It eventually made its way into the human food supply and caused a new type of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, which causes rapid brain deterioration.

Mark Zabel, an immunologist at Colorado State University, told Colorado Public Radio that because chronic wasting disease is still a newly discovered condition, it may evolve rapidly — "which leads us to believe that it's only a matter of time before a CWD prion emerges that can do the same thing and infect a human."

For now, some experts recommend that hunters who harvest deer and elk in affected areas get a sample tested before grilling up any venison steaks and discard the meat if it tests positive for the disease.

So far, no one has posted claiming to be an educated wildlife biologist involved directly in any of the studies of CWD, so this whole thread is lacking in any credibility. Everyone is just parroting this study or that study without having the real credentials to be taken seriously by anyone. Relax guys. There is no one here that is going to have any real impact on the issue. It is not likely that a competition of insults will have any impact at all on the subject.

• Like 1