Turkey's In The Snow!

grampy

Had some chores to do at the farm this morning. Got some snow overnight. Took a ride to the west side of the property and saw these guy's crossing the road. Good to see we have "some" turkey's that made it through a tough winter here!IMG_11561.thumb.jpg.0688b6c82eb4b06a9990ab3c856dfa92.jpgIMG_11571.thumb.jpg.56676ec85089aa29ad12726bfba3c35e.jpg

• Like 9

I do not share an interest in turkey hunting,  but just yesterday around 4:30, I rounded a bend, and saw a tom all fanned out in the road.  I took a pic myself, no anow on the ground, that mprning it snowed an inch, and warmed up enough to melt off.  Fast pic, so hes doing the sideways strut.

20180406_161926.jpg

• Like 5

never used snow camo but I have killed a few ny gobblers in may with snow on the ground.   i don't remember what years, I know one was on mothers day in the mid 90's  and I think the other one was early 2000's  one year it was mid to upper 80s may 1 and the next year there was snow on the ground may 1 or visa versa

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, reeltime said:

one year it was mid to upper 80s may 1 and the next year there was snow on the ground may 1 or visa versa

I remember having a foot of snow in my brand new boat when I woke up on opening day of walleye season in May of 1989.   My buddy and I shoveled it out and towed it to Chataqua lake from their cabin near Salamanca.   His dad and his buddy made the much shorter haul to the Kinzua reservoir later that morning.  I knew where the deep holes were in Chataqua and we had our limit of walleyes in short order, using perch minnows and a Lindy rig.  They never found any in Kinzua on that cold day.   They wanted to stay closer, so they could do a little turkey hunting in the morning.    I still have that boat, but don't do much walleye fishing from it any more.   

Probably 2002 or 3 I killed a big Tom on opening day in 6” of snow in schoharie county. It was a ton of fun tracking him in the snow, I even had a good idea how big his spurs and beard were before I ever saw him. He never gobbled but when I finally caught up to him he did come into the call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By CrossOvertheRiverOutdoors
      Here's a New York turkey hunt that should get your blood flowing! Hope ya'll enjoy my newest episode! If you like what you see, please subscribe to my YouTube Channel! Cross Over the River Outdoors! #ItsHuntingTimeOlBuck #Ozonics #DeadRinger #Tactacam #NewYorkTurkeyHunt #huntingvideo

• By CrossOvertheRiverOutdoors
      Hey everyone. With everyone in lock down mode, i'm sure most of you are spending your time watching hunting videos, or  thinking about this upcoming spring turkey season. To get you pumped up for the upcoming spring season, I've attached 1 of my YouTube videos from last spring! Now this hunt isn't in NY. This hunt was on the opening morning of the Pennsylvania season. The exciting thing about this hunt is this was the first turkey that i've ever shot with a bow! Something that i've always wanted to do! This is also a two part episode to my PA season, so be sure to watch them both!. Hope ya'll like the video, and that ya'll watch the rest of the videos on my channel! There's also some great whitetail hunting videos as well! After you watch the videos, if you like what you see, would you please subscribe to my YouTube channel and share it with your hunting buddies!? I'm trying to build this channel up and actually make something of it! It would be greatly appreciated! Leave a comment and let me know what you think! God bless and stay healthy! 

• By Andy K. 3/2018
      300 acres of mostly wooded property available to lease for hunting on beef farm that grazes, grows grains, soybeans and hay on remaining 200 acres.  Plenty of game and privacy.  ATV's only for setting up stands and bringing out game.  Small group of safety-minded hunters receive exclusive access.  Good neighbors are respectful of boundaries.  2.5 hours from NYC.  $5000/year.  Call Andy at 607-829-5592 or email  [email protected]