2018 NFL Draft

sodfather

Barkley to the Giants!!! How can anyone argue this pick? This is a guy that makes an entire team better. Look at how well Dallas played with Zeke, and look at how terrible they looked without him. This was  no brainer in my honest opinion. I truly think the giants can grab Rudolph tonight, and sitting him behind Eli for two years could turn out to be better than anyone could imagine. However, ive seen a few mentions in this post, maybe Davis Webb is the guy.... I guess we will see

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

I'm a sucker for the underdog, so I'd really like to see the Browns rise above the disaster they've put themselves in the past decade or more. Just can't foresee Mayfield being their savoir!

Their offense is stacked, OL is suspect though. Maybe Joe Thomas will get excited and come back

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Phil Simms said something that made a lot of sense to me regarding Allens low completion %: they didnt run screens at Wyoming. Baker Mayfield threw four times as many screens as Allen. He also blamed the miserable weather they play in in that conference but it didnt seem to bother Wentz

Allen in a high risk high reward offense. Phil Sims ranked him #1 QB on the board before any of them were picked 

Guess I'm happy with Bill's picks. Now we need o line and receivers. I hope everyone realizes the Bill's will not be starting Allen this year and hopefully next.. McCarron and peterman are leading the team this year.. imo there was no step in starter available in this draft at qb.but they took a good project that should produce results.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Dumb question. Lamar was 2016 Heisman so why didn’t we grab him before trading up for Josh Allen ? 

Because he's a project.  He is a tremendous athlete that was able to bully college competition but his QB skills are very lacking.  Teams that draft him are hoping that they can teach him how to be a QB over time.  I read that a lot of teams told him that if he is willing to switch to RB or WR, they would jump on him but he insists that he's a QB.  Think Terrelle Pryor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Their offense is stacked, OL is suspect though. Maybe Joe Thomas will get excited and come back

Quenton Nelson was in a class of his own but there is a ton of offensive line prospects in the draft still.  I'm hoping the Giants draft Will Hernandez in the 2nd round.  They need to grab at least 2 offensive lineman in the next 2 rounds.  (They have two 3rd round picks)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

Guess I'm happy with Bill's picks. Now we need o line and receivers. I hope everyone realizes the Bill's will not be starting Allen this year and hopefully next.. McCarron and peterman are leading the team this year.. imo there was no step in starter available in this draft at qb.but they took a good project that should produce results.

Rosen is a step in starter, hes going to be great

13 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Rosen is a step in starter, hes going to be great

Bradford will start in Arizona.  But I agree he was closest to being NFL ready.. I just dont like all the Bill's fans thinking allen the starter this year has definitely a project

14 hours ago, G-Man said:

Okay, for whatever reason the Bill's Mgmt had to pick Allen, fans have to go with their decision. My issue is the Bills upper mgmt, from coach, his assistants, to GM and owner haven't proven they have a viable QB mentoring process in place! Lets hope that changes. Same scenario for the poor Brown's fans & their new #1 QB draftee......

On 4/26/2018 at 10:57 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

Dumb question. Lamar (Jackson) was 2016 Heisman so why didn’t we grab him before trading up for Josh Allen ? 

His greatest asset is his running & scrambling ability. He did refuse to run the 40 in both evaluation sessions, so many teams were put-off by this. He is dubbed the 1st round "steal" by most sports analysis. And his manager/agent is his mom.... I don't see it as a bad thing, but most teams did.

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

Okay, for whatever reason the Bill's Mgmt had to pick Allen, fans have to go with their decision. My issue is the Bills upper mgmt, from coach, his assistants, to GM and owner haven't proven they have a viable QB mentoring process in place! Lets hope that changes. Same scenario for the poor Brown's fans & their new #1 QB draftee......

Your starter this year is McCarron or Peterman.  The know who they have. For peterman haters listen to NFL miked up of chargers game .the o line lay down because Taylor was benched for no reason and they were protecting their "captain" this is part of reason Taylor was traded.. we actually have a pretty sharp staff now. I'm not concerned with qb at all even if we didnt drafg one. My concern is o line!!

Your starter this year is McCarron or Peterman.  The know who they have. For peterman haters listen to NFL miked up of chargers game .the o line lay down because Taylor was benched for no reason and they were protecting their "captain" this is part of reason Taylor was traded.. we actually have a pretty sharp staff now. I'm not concerned with qb at all even if we didnt drafg one. My concern is o line!!

I’m not sleeping on Peterman just yet either, we ran into a buzzsaw out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

His greatest asset is his running & scrambling ability. He did refuse to run the 40 in both evaluation sessions, so many teams were put-off by this. He is dubbed the 1st round "steal" by most sports analysis. And his manager/agent is his mom.... I don't see it as a bad thing, but most teams did.

There’s really never been a successful QB that plays that style. You can’t have leaving the pocket as your second option and stay healthy in the NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Bills have new Offense Cordinator this year. Who knows what offense he will run and be a better fit for. But if Allan is the better of the 2 other guys ya play him. Who cares if he is a project. I’ll never forget Peyton’s first year it was aweful. I’m not comparing them but just saying. The days of drafting a QB and letting him sit are long gone. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

How come the Bills didn’t draft any cheerleaders? :pleasantry:Dallas holds the #1 position in that department!   I think we should trade up 

Mighty taco use to sponsor them. The owners picked the cheerleaders every year

.a.few got mad they didjt make team. Became unionized and thought it was a real job

.they killed themselves.