Just picked up the wife’s 7mm-08 Weatherby Vanguard Camilla

Very impressed with this rifle designed by women for women. Not sure if the photo gives this rifle justice but the wood is very very nice. Now I have to get a scope and rings for her. Looking forward to working up some loads. Right now I have reloader 15 /  Nosler ballistic tips in 120 &140 grain / Speer hot cores  in 145 grain with stareline brass and federal match grade primers. Most likely will buy a lb of IMR 3031 to try also.(If you load for this caliber feel free to recommend a powder )The wife is very happy to have her very own rifle that fits her very well.. 

69A927CB-C035-4DE4-80F9-E02D52314F6B.jpeg

• Like 9

Nice rifle Rob....You probably will have to go no farther than the 120  Nosler BTs with around 42-43 grains of RL -15...

Should give you ( her) light recoil, excellent accuracy and close to 3000 fps...Not to mention excellent performance on game...

The 140s should shoot well also, but the 120s kick a little less and still  kill deer just as dead...

Edited by Pygmy

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Nice rifle Rob....You probably will have to go no farther than the 120  Nosler BTs with around 42-43 grains of RL -15...

Should give you ( her) light recoil, excellent accuracy and close to 3000 fps...Not to mention excellent performance on game...

The 140s should shoot well also, but the 120s kick a little less and still  kill deer just as dead...

I have been doing my research and it seams the Nosler 120s have quite a good reputation on deer and pronghorn. This was bought for our 2019   pronghorn hunt,  can’t wait.. and if she shoots some  deer  with it before we go well that’s even better.. 

Edited by rob-c

9 hours ago, grampy said:

That is a beautiful rifle! Love the 7mm-08 too! Just picked up today, some RL19 to reload 140g Nosler BTs.

Let me know how you like the RL19, I like the RL15 in my 300 savage with 150 grain Hornady sst’s. Also going to try it in my sons 30-30.. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Let me know how you like the RL19, I like the RL15 in my 300 savage with 150 grain Hornady sst’s. Also going to try it in my sons 30-30.. 

Will do! According to my Nosler chart it should be good. Will post the results, with how many grains I used, when I get em made up and tested.7mm-08-Rem-140gr.thumb.jpg.0a482b215b497011b9971622f5754c1c.jpg

7 minutes ago, grampy said:

Will do! According to my Nosler chart it should be good. Will post the results, with how many grains I used, when I get em made up and tested.7mm-08-Rem-140gr.thumb.jpg.0a482b215b497011b9971622f5754c1c.jpg

Yes sir, I like how Nosler has their load data laid out, every gun has a bullet  and powder combo that will shoot the best out of it.heck that’s half the fun of reloading, experimenting with loads..

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, helmut in the bush said:

She bought one of the first 100 and Weatherby gave a 3x9x40 leupold with it, I think we used medium height rings. It's sweet 

Cool thanks for the info, I was going to order the short rings but will go with the mediums.. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Geeze, Rob, that rifle is almost as purty as your lovely wife.....<<SMILE>>....

Well thank you sir , I will pass that on to her. And yes it’s a good looking piece and the gun too:taunt:

Edited by rob-c