Sign in to follow this  

Decided to do a small raspberry garden for archer ,since he could eat his weight in raspberries . Probably get 6 bushes in there once they get delivered . It ended up being 4 x 15 and some uprights to run rope across for support.

20180609_123506.jpg

• Like 7

Looks good.  My brother used to grow those and black berries.  Pretty easy I think.  My son is growing blue berries.  They look good already.   Enjoy the fruits of your labor!

my grandpa grew berries but always had problems with birds. had to put chicken wire over and around the whole thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://arforny.com

That looks nice!

We have a blueberry garden that does well, I put up a fake owl to try keep birds away and seems to work. The cherry trees forget it I can't keep the birds out without netting it and I don't like cherries that much lol.

The blackberries grow wild out back and we pick piles of them.

Edited by Fletch

I never thought of making an actual garden for them, we have more raspberry and blackberry bushes around than you can shake a stick at. We just go out and pick them.

49 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I never thought of making an actual garden for them, we have more raspberry and blackberry bushes around than you can shake a stick at. We just go out and pick them.

Thats the goal in the future ,for now we gotta live close to grammy and poppa (child care)

• Like 1

We use to raise raspberries and blackberries size of a thimble. Lost the raspberry stock  to winter kill and could never find anything close.  Can't kill the blackberries. Thorns galore. Use to raise pheasants in them..