New garage door and opener...

burmjohn

I finally got a new garage door and now have an opener... Man its so nice to have a functioning garage door, it was well overdue.  The one that was on there was an old heavy wood door with broken springs and a jacked up track, its one of the last big things other then a shed that I needed to get done for the house.  I went with a high r-value (13ish) door because I have pipes and heat in the garage.  It came out great, what's even better is I have have an opener.  Its a silent system, runs on a Kevlar belt, its really amazing. 

The opener is this guy - > http://www.marantecamerica.com/customers/residential.html?id=4  - I'm really impressed with it, plus it has a lifetime.

5872587173_2d5f07f05a.jpg

Nice, we did our garage doors a couple of years ago, we too had the very heavy wood type. I don't miss those things, haha, took my brother and I a few hours to remove the old and put up the new ones.

I need one of them openers, the ones we have squeak like hell when in motion..lol

We had our garage door replaced a couple years ago with an insulated door . The house was built in 1969 . It is no where near as heavy as the original wood / fiberboard door . I had them hook up to the Door Opener that I had installed about 10 years ago . I also had them do the top panel with windows so you can't see in but it lets light in the garage .

I ordered this thing last night called storm shield, its a threashold for the garage door... http://www.elite-xpressions.com/stormshield.htm - It was only 24 bux on Amazon for a 10 foot piece.  Even though the door seals now, my floor is uneven, this might even make a better tighter seal especially since I spent the extra $$ on getting a good insulated door, I dont want it to be compromised by a bad seal at the bottom.

I think it was 900 for the door, and 350 for the opener.  But you could go with a cheaper opener, I went with the silent one because my master is right above the garage.  The door was the CHI (I think 2216) which is the 15.38 R-Value door (I wanted / needed the highest R-value b/c my garage has pipes / heat)  And of course you could save $ by going with a cheaper door too.

While growing up my brother and I were big ice hockey players, if we weren't on the ice we were shooting pucks (orang balls) at the garage door. My Dad went from glass windows to plastic and then eventually to new doors with no windows. Looks nice John, that is my project for next year I have two that are in bad shape.