Long Island giant

First-light

I saw this on FB and a few other places all week. Then this morning my neighbor stops over to give me some bread for my animals and started telling me about his buddy who shot a massive buck down in Long Island. Neighbor is from Long Island and just recently moved up here a little over a year ago. He whips out his phone and shows me the picture of that buck. I said dang man small world I just saw that buck posted online the other day. Neighbor said he had been watching this buck on trail cams all year and he was basically land locked into a small piece of woods. I guess hunting small urban tracts has some big advantages sometimes!

• Like 2

Sometimes I wonder why I ever left LI. Great fishing right at your doorstep and the bucks keep getting bigger
Because Long Island sucks. And the people by and large are incredibly irritating. That said they do seem to somehow produce ridiculous deer

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, nyantler said:

The guy might be from long island , but I'm pretty sure the buck is not.

A tin knocker on my job told me his buddy shot it on Long Island. I had no reason to doubt him. The banner in the lower right of the picture says something about Long Island. Do you have a reason for your doubts?

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, eaglemountainman said:

A tin knocker on my job told me his buddy shot it on Long Island. I had no reason to doubt him. The banner in the lower right of the picture says something about Long Island. Do you have a reason for your doubts?

Yes, that buck would be in contention for the NYS archery nontypical record... yet there is no record of it other than this photo. It is nearly impossible for a buck this large to fly under the radar of the big buck club whether scored or not... this is the first I've seen this buck, which would be impossible with a buck this size. Very unlikely it is a wild NY buck.