Anyone shooting any indoor archery over the winter

rob-c

Wife and I decided to get back into it, we haven’t shot indoor since 12-13 years ago. Both our boys were heavily into sports so we gave it up. But now it’s just us and looking forward to it again. In the 5 years we shot together we did  well, never dropping out of the top 3 and missing first place by like 5 points the one year . 

• Like 2

Wife and I decided to get back into it, we haven’t shot indoor since 12-13 years ago. Both our boys were heavily into sports so we gave it up. But now it’s just us and looking forward to it again. In the 5 years we shot together we did  well, never dropping out of the top 3 and missing first place by like 5 points the one year . 
Spots or 3d targets?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I shoot outdoors in the winter and it’s pretty brutal. A lot of fun but the weather is a challenge. I’d like to try a spots league I know it builds excellent form

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It will defiantly give you instant feed back on your form. We shoot a 3 spot target, and I really have to watch my form on the lower left spot. I have a tendency to   shoot left and low of the 10 and will shoot  a 9 or 8. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

I am looking around for a spots league....never shot one but looks like fun.

Any wny guys know of spot leagues?

Did you check out doc's archery ? He gets in to leagues quite a bit in the winter. I can usually never get in to shoot after work because it seems like there is always a league starting.

Did you check out doc's archery ? He gets in to leagues quite a bit in the winter. I can usually never get in to shoot after work because it seems like there is always a league starting.
Yeah just goggled spot leagues in wny and came up with docs and allied....both a bit of a hike from my house.
Lorettos Archery in Collins has a 50 yard indoor range so I may just shoot 3d there.

48 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Yeah just goggled spot leagues in wny and came up with docs and allied....both a bit of a hike from my house.
Lorettos Archery in Collins has a 50 yard indoor range so I may just shoot 3d there.

I was just there today and he was telling me about his indoor range. Nice guy great set up...

I really like shooting the nfaa blue face with a recurve in my basement all winter.   It’s an objective means of determining how well one is shooting.  A league would be fun.  Or just having a couple of guys to shoot with weekly like those Buffalo ruffians do.  

2 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I really like shooting the nfaa blue face with a recurve in my basement all winter.   It’s an objective means of determining how well one is shooting.  A league would be fun.  Or just having a couple of guys to shoot with weekly like those Buffalo ruffians do.  

We shot with a bunch of good guys. it’s a Friday early line and we would go to the sit and bull bar for wings and beer afterwards. Good times....

• Like 1

I shoot at Wildwod Sports Center in Elbridge, NY.  They have leagues every weekday evening, and are usually pretty busy on weekends too.  The Friday evening leuage is co-ed.  The targets are 20 yards. 

I shoot on Thursday, about half the guys shoot traditional. If you shoot compound, your score is lowered by a percentage to help compare to the traditional shooters.

It’s a great group of guys and I look forward to it every week.  

• Like 3

On 12/29/2018 at 10:31 PM, mlammerhirt said:

Just passing thru or did you have something worked on?

My daughters archery instructor told me about him and I needed a new string put on my Prime. Great price and very knowledgeable. Also love his place of shooting indoors at the different targets.