Carrying a 1911

Chef

I also have a kimber stainless, but that baby is my bedside gun. Could not imagine it as a carry. I prefer my glock 23 or ruger lcp. The funny thing about it though, is I'd pick that 1911 as my choice for shooting everytime, but that's because it's big and heavy. Compromises... 

I carried it all day today just don’t take my coat off in public it really isn’t that bad u get used to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

I carried it all day today just don’t take my coat off in public it really isn’t that bad u get used to it

Let say you have to stop somewhere, you can't take your coat off?  How about you run into an old friend and he/she wants to give you a hug, you OK with that?

Let say you have to stop somewhere, you can't take your coat off?  How about you run into an old friend and he/she wants to give you a hug, you OK with that?

The hug yes I’m ok with, the taking my coat off yes it sucks that’s why I just ordered a custom
Tuckable holster

1 minute ago, Lawdwaz said:

It's funny you mention that   I've mastered swinging my right arm around to gently cover the iron under my coat/sweatshirt   reach out with the left and lean in for the hug ^_^

• Like 1

It's funny you mention that   I've mastered swinging my right arm around to gently cover the iron under my coat/sweatshirt   reach out with the left and lean in for the hug

That and just Carry a little further back like 4 o’clock plus I’m fat so I Have more cover

Hahahah you can wolc me once in a blue wouldn’t be the same without ya

I would love to meet Wolc in real life at one of these meetups. He's one of the forum celebrities and I'm sure he's probably got some good stories that would have everyone in stitches

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Screenshot_20190102-095048.png

Okay, so this might have seemed like a great photo opportunity at the time, but this is the kind of social media posts LEOs/ECOs look at and scratch their heads. Going to assume you were in backyard and practicing with your compound bow from a tree stand! :rolleyes: BTW - Nice handgun!!

I would love to meet Wolc in real life at one of these meetups. He's one of the forum celebrities and I'm sure he's probably got some good stories that would have everyone in stitches

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Agreed

• Like 1

Yes I have a xds, shield, body guard, and a glock 43

That’s surprising, back when I was instructing advanced ccw courses 9 out of 10 guys that carried 1911’s it was their only pistol. Many of them would be asking for recommendations for new guns after the 3 day courses.

14 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

I didn't say you couldn't carry it, but it's just not very convenient like you said. I tend to take my coat off inside haha.

14 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

That and just Carry a little further back like 4 o’clock plus I’m fat so I Have more cover

i'm a 4 o'clock guy as well

Edited by Belo

7 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

Okay, so this might have seemed like a great photo opportunity at the time, but this is the kind of social media posts LEOs/ECOs look at and scratch their heads. Going to assume you were in backyard and practicing with your compound bow from a tree stand! :rolleyes: BTW - Nice handgun!!

i think he posted it before and iirc was of the IDGAF mentality about it, which I can understand. But why it's tough to post anything online today without someone seeing something and calling you out on it. 

7 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

There was a topic about it back during bow, who carries in the stand.  I pointed, and did not shoot, at 2 different bears during bow.  They winded me and we're creeping on my stand.  I accept that if an EnCon officer (dude for my area is a good guy and wouldn't), inexplicably sees me on 900 acres of private land, I could get a ticket.  My personal safety is worth it to me.  I accept it as the price of being safe bow hunting where I hunt in NYS.

I get your POV dude, no disrespect.  But there's a crap ton of bears where I hunt.