New 223

I had been shooting chucks for farmers in the past . I would drop them in their holes . A day or two later , they would be gone . Fox , yores , turkey vultures , etc apparently made a meal out of them .

I had a recipe for crock pot woodchuck but never tried it ..........

just wondering if they were any good to eat. my dad says he used to eat them but he seems to have eaten everything at one timeor another so that doesn't mean its good lol.

I have eaten a number of them. Actually, the young of the year ( the half grown ones born this spring) are quite good. I would compare them to squirrel or rabbit.

However as they age they get tougher, more gristly and stronger in flavor. I tried an adult once and decided that I would stick to eating the young'uns.

Coon are the same way. Young ones are good, old ones less so.

However, I NEVER ate a beaver I didn't enjoy... ;) ...

OH this is gonna go down hill fast Ha Ha

Just the way we like things to go!  ;)  What can we expect here?  It was doomed to go somewhere south of the border from the get go.  The fella starting the thread calls himself Bballhunter so God only knows where we could have taken this?  I for one prefer that we went down the beaver route.  ;)

just wondering if they were any good to eat. my dad says he used to eat them but he seems to have eaten everything at one timeor another so that doesn't mean its good lol.

I have eaten a number of them. Actually, the young of the year ( the half grown ones born this spring) are quite good. I would compare them to squirrel or rabbit.

However as they age they get tougher, more gristly and stronger in flavor. I tried an adult once and decided that I would stick to eating the young'uns.

Coon are the same way. Young ones are good, old ones less so.

However, I NEVER ate a beaver I didn't enjoy... ;) ...

Great punch line. Needed a good laugh, thanks

Dave

• 1 month later...