fasteddie

LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

I am out with the shotgun since morning. Took a walk at lunch and saw 6 does. I am just too slow, they ran past at about 50 yds and stood at around 83. Too far for me. Walk back to the stand and fresh tracks within 50 yds. Still have a few hours.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Saw about 16 today. I bumped 2 in the morning that circled around on me, but I passed because they didn’t give me a shot I wanted. With the shotgun I would have shot, but not with the muzzleloader. Then around 1:30 I had 14 deer come in single file behind me. Shot the lead for that turned out to be a doe fawn.

When I shot they scattered, but only ran 15 yards. I was slow to reload cause of the adrenaline, but once I reloaded they walked off. Not mad cause I had a long ass drag to the car. Don’t think there was a buck with them, but you never know. I shot the first one I could, but now I’m wishing I would have waited. Either way I’m happy
19523fe16b155149c4e52f71063a0cfc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 18

3 hours ago, doebuck1234 said:

What a season @ATbuckhunter.congrats and way to keep the thread alive!

Definitely another amazing season

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

AT still dropping them!  Awesome. 

Got till the 31st to deer hunt here and ill probably be out another 2-3 times

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Saw about 16 today. I bumped 2 in the morning that circled around on me, but I passed because they didn’t give me a shot I wanted. With the shotgun I would have shot, but not with the muzzleloader. Then around 1:30 I had 14 deer come in single file behind me. Shot the lead for that turned out to be a doe fawn.

When I shot they scattered, but only ran 15 yards. I was slow to reload cause of the adrenaline, but once I reloaded they walked off. Not mad cause I had a long ass drag to the car. Don’t think there was a buck with them, but you never know. I shot the first one I could, but now I’m wishing I would have waited. Either way I’m happy

Congrats!! I heard the little ones are like veal. One day I gotta take one. 

• Like 1

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

15 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Congrats AT! I took a fawn with the crossbow this year. We took three other adult deer and we are going sparingly on the fawn to make it last - so tender!

Keep it going! Still have tags?

• Like 1

Last night I had a great dream. I was back out in the woods hunting deer and took a nice doe with the 30-.06 in the late morning. Sadly I woke up before I Could hunt another day. Sigh.

• Like 2

Last night I had a great dream. I was back out in the woods hunting deer and took a nice doe with the 30-.06 in the late morning. Sadly I woke up before I Could hunt another day. Sigh.

Yesssss......the .06!

With all that .06 talk I am going to have to take mine for a walk next season.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Congrats!! I heard the little ones are like veal. One day I gotta take one. 

You should! LI has more deer than we know what to do with so taking a few fawns wont hurt the population, and you know that we dont have problems with doe tags

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Congrats AT! I took a fawn with the crossbow this year. We took three other adult deer and we are going sparingly on the fawn to make it last - so tender!

Keep it going! Still have tags?

Well when we shoot a deer we have to bring it in to the check station so they can age it and check it out. If its legally tagged as a doe, they give you back a doe tag on the spot. So I still have 3 tags that I can use, but two of them are basically unlimited doe tags

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ATbuckhunter said:

You should! LI has more deer than we know what to do with so taking a few fawns wont hurt the population, and you know that we dont have problems with doe tags

Well when we shoot a deer we have to bring it in to the check station so they can age it and check it out. If its legally tagged as a doe, they give you back a doe tag on the spot. So I still have 3 tags that I can use, but two of them are basically unlimited doe tags

They changed this law...you only have to email a photo of the doe/tag and you get replacement tag in the mail. You can still take her tagged head to Ridge to get it on the spot, of course. 

Def going fawn hunting!! Hope to get the opportunity Saturday. 

I fully support PETA!!

Just now, squirrelwhisperer said:

They changed this law...you only have to email a photo of the doe/tag and you get replacement tag in the mail. You can still take her tagged head to Ridge to get it on the spot, of course. 

Def going fawn hunting!! Hope to get the opportunity Saturday. 

Whatlaw did they change exactly? I get my doe tags straight from ridge since i mostly hunt rocky point 

1 hour ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Whatlaw did they change exactly? I get my doe tags straight from ridge since i mostly hunt rocky point 

If you can wait for the tag, you no longer have to go to Ridge. You still can of course, but you don't have to. 

I fully support PETA!!

3 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

If you can wait for the tag, you no longer have to go to Ridge. You still can of course, but you don't have to. 

I was told that if you shoot a deer on state land with a gun, they want to see it and you have to bring it in? Either way I have to go to ridge 

13 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

I was told that if you shoot a deer on state land with a gun, they want to see it and you have to bring it in? Either way I have to go to ridge 

Perhaps. I really didn't care about that because I have 3 tags left (1 doe, 1 either, 1 buck :crying:) and only one weekend. 

Things will be different next year, especially if i start taking doe fawns lol. I will have dozens! 

• Like 1

I fully support PETA!!

2 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Perhaps. I really didn't care about that because I have 3 tags left (1 doe, 1 either, 1 buck :crying:) and only one weekend. 

Things will be different next year, especially if i start taking doe fawns lol. I will have dozens! 

Trust me, you wont regret taking a few of them.

• Like 2

Trust me, you wont regret taking a few of them.

I have three young deer in the freezer from this season and my family comments on the difference between their meat and meat from a good buck (3.5 best guess) and 2,5 year old doe. I’m a bad judge since I know which packages are the young deer.

• Like 1

I’m up for what will be my last day of this season. Not sure if I should post here or 2020 thread lol. Hope to get something before the rain sets in. Gonna sit at the edge of a plateau overlooking a busy travel route. Can’t wait to set my stand here next season.
#fromtheground

• Like 2

I fully support PETA!!

I’m up for what will be my last day of this season. Not sure if I should post here or 2020 thread lol. Hope to get something before the rain sets in. Gonna sit at the edge of a plateau overlooking a busy travel route. Can’t wait to set my stand here next season.
#fromtheground

Good luck....it’s STILL the 2019 season for you since you never stopped so your in the right place!

13 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Good luck....it’s STILL the 2019 season for you since you never stopped so your in the right place!

That's okay . You can post on this thread for the rest of the year . 

97.3% of statistics are made up
To Err is Human - To Forgive Divine 

Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy !

That's okay . You can post on this thread for the rest of the year . 

Is THAT what I said?!? Oh boy....

Anyway...sat till 930. When the rain came I went lol. I will try again tomorrow (thanks baby) but sadly that will be all she wrote. I hear a heavy set chic warming her vocal cords.
I did see 6 doe...too bad they were running away when I was walking out.

• Like 2

I fully support PETA!!

I walked outside on the front steps to check the weather397928ff4b629796c14781827af1e403.jpg....they are mocking me

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I fully support PETA!!

Up early having coffee for the last time till striper season. 38 degrees west wind 5-7 mph. Going to the spot where I took my doe last week. Hope to have a repeat kinda day.

• Like 3

I fully support PETA!!