Political humor

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Or that they are losers.  Those were the only two things that I took from his comment.  

Why do you say? I didnt think he was implying that at all.  I believe was just making a comparision between confederate and Vietnam War memorials to get your take on the difference between the two, if any. 

Also, by what standard would the Vietnam Veterans be considered losers ? When you say that about the Confederacy, I believe youre referring to the fact that they lost the war, which they clearly did (and Thank God they did too). But did we (i.e., The US) win the Vietnam War? We clearly did not. But does that make the Vets who fought in the war losers? I guess that question--and comparison-- could  be considered equivalent to Confederate Vets as well, wouldnt it? The Confederate Vets experienced loss on the battlefield, whereas the Union Vets did not. Can you say the same thing --completely in terms of wining/losing  of the conflict-- about Vietnam Vets?? I think that you can, without referring to ANYBODY in the pejorative as "Losers". 

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Are you insinuating that Viet Nam veterans attacked the United States? That's a disrespectful analogy.

I'm saying there were many people who attacked Nam vets when they returned, just like people are attacking confederates today.  BTW, the South did not attack the US.  Down there it's known as the War of Aggression.  Hate confederates today and move on to hating Nam vets tomorrow.  It's all about hate people.