2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

1 minute ago, grampy said:

Yup! Go Nat's!

I can see a Yankee fan wanting the Astro’s to, lose , I should be cheering for the Nats to lose after they spanked my Cards .However I’m a sucker for the underdog , and I gotta go for the NL team .

Its somewhat hard for the Mrs and I to be cheering for them , but I’m coming around ! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Starting pitching wins and the Nats have been hotter than anyone since June 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear this all the time but I call it BS.  So what happened to Coles and Verlander in the first two games?  They are like the premier pitchers in baseball.  Neither one had it.  Pitchers can suck any given start, so thinking that they will be the major key factor in post season success is not exactly accurate.

Whoever DOES THEIR JOB best wins- if the hitter does his job better than the pitcher (regardless of who is statistically better) the hitter wins and vice versa.
Solid pitching means make very few mistakes(no hanger sliders CHAPMAN!). Solid hitting means hit balls that are mistakes and don’t swing at pitches that can’t be hit(aka. Balls! Fake parrot a$$hat; doodoo...didi, dirty Sanchez)

• Like 1

As a general rule, pitching wins in the post season.  This seems to be the exception.  Crappy put it best.  ( I laughed cuz I always always call the Spankees catcher "Dirty Sanchez")  I really do believe that the Astros are the better team, but the Nats are playing better baseball right now.  

As for great pitchers like Cole and Verlander stinking in the post season, that just isn't true.  They both had bad games, but both have been money earlier this post season.  

16 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

As for great pitchers like Cole and Verlander stinking in the post season, that just isn't true.  They both had bad games, but both have been money earlier this post season.  

No one said that those two stink in the post season, only that even the best of pitchers can be inconsistent.  So you can have 4 first rate pitchers in your rotation and it still won't guarantee you a series victory.  Most especially these days when most starters don't go much further than 5 innings so the emphasis on pitching is way over-rated.  You wouldn't have teams hitting 300 plus home runs per season if the pitching was great these days, and it surely isn't.

9 hours ago, Nomad said:

I can see a Yankee fan wanting the Astro’s to, lose , I should be cheering for the Nats to lose after they spanked my Cards .However I’m a sucker for the underdog , and I gotta go for the NL team .

Its somewhat hard for the Mrs and I to be cheering for them , but I’m coming around ! 

Since my Yankees tanked, and rightfully so got sent packing by the Stro's I'm pulling for the underdog too. A team no one picked to be in this position back in April. Even Biz!

I'm a fan of the game, underneath my Yankees cap.. And right now I'm enjoying watching the Nat's play!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve863 said:

No one said that those two stink in the post season, only that even the best of pitchers can be inconsistent.  So you can have 4 first rate pitchers in your rotation and it still won't guarantee you a series victory.  Most especially these days when most starters don't go much further than 5 innings so the emphasis on pitching is way over-rated.  You wouldn't have teams hitting 300 plus home runs per season if the pitching was great these days, and it surely isn't.

That's why they play the games.  I would argue that the number of HRs has zero to do with the skill of pitchers and more to do with the ball and the size/strength of hitters.  Verlander is one of the best pitchers of his generation and he's given up a ton of dingers.  It isn't that he can't pitch.  If he didn't give up homers his ERA would be tiny.

6 hours ago, steve863 said:

I hear this all the time but I call it BS.  So what happened to Coles and Verlander in the first two games?  They are like the premier pitchers in baseball.  Neither one had it.  Pitchers can suck any given start, so thinking that they will be the major key factor in post season success is not exactly accurate.

Verlander is now 0-5 in world series games with era over 6. last night was no surprise. he always stinks in world series.

Gold Glove finalists announced. The entire Red Sox OF and Vasquez. Never forget I predicted a Benintendi GG in February, but While he’s a finalist I don’t know that he will win since JBJ and Mookie will win. I doubt they will do all 3

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Gold Glove finalists announced. The entire Red Sox OF and Vasquez. Never forget I predicted a Benintendi GG in February, but While he’s a finalist I don’t know that he will win since JBJ and Mookie will win. I doubt they will do all 3

He stinks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Six Cardinals.

• Like 1