2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

31 years with no WS for dodgers and 7 straight division titles. I say it all the time and not just because i'm a red sox fan, but give me WS rings every once in a while instead of all these 100-win ringless seasons.

nobody will argue that. Ask the pats who went undefeated, only to lose to the wild card giants. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Belo said:

nobody will argue that. Ask the pats who went undefeated, only to lose to the wild card giants. 

and the Yankees with ten 95+ win ringless seasons this century. They are due!

2001 - 95 wins

2002 - 103 wins

2003 - 101 wins

2004 - 101 wins

2005 - 95 wins

2006 - 97 wins

2010 - 95 wins

2011 - 97 wins

2012 - 95 wins

2018 - 100 wins

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yanks better beat Cards in WS. I don’t want cards getting any closer to Red Sox for team of the century!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’ve  met five times in the WS , Cards have won 3 of them , it would be nice to go 4-2 !  Long way to go , and you never know which Cards team will show up ....

Oh and Cards play Red Sox in Boston next year , I plan on being there .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nomad said:

They’ve  met five times in the WS , Cards have won 3 of them , it would be nice to go 4-2 !  Long way to go , and you never know which Cards team will show up ....

Will you be going to NYC if they play the Yankees in the world series?

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nomad said:

If it wasn't for the red sox, the cardinals would have 4 WS this century instead of 2. Btw, I still have my baby blue Ozzie Smith t-shirt jersey.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

If the Yankees and Nationals are in the WS, I most likely won’t watch much / any of it , couldn’t root for  either .

Mrs Nomad was getting a little,loud during last nights game , I finally told her to change the channel . 

If the Yankees and Nationals are in the WS, I most likely won’t watch much / any of it , couldn’t root for  either .
Mrs Nomad was getting a little,loud during last nights game , I finally told her to change the channel . 

I haven’t watched much at all the entire postseason. Maybe a few innings at most. In a way, it’s made hunting easier without the Sox playing late nights. But I do hate Bryce Harper

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I haven’t watched much at all the entire postseason. Maybe a few innings at most. In a way, it’s made hunting easier without the Sox playing late nights. But I do hate Bryce Harper

I’ll be honest I had to look up who he is . I just don’t pay that close attention .

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I've said a million times:

STARTING PITCHING WINS IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Nats, Astros, and Tanaka are proving it again.

Also, live by the bat, die by the bat, when they go cold! All those homers in the regular season mean nothing now.

Especially in the playoffs. It's do or die time for this years Yankees.

Also, live by the bat, die by the bat, when they go cold! All those homers in the regular season mean nothing now.
Especially in the playoffs. It's do or die time for this years Yankees.

Great pitching always beats great hitting in October. You don’t get to beat up on 4th and 5th starters for 5-6 innings. It’s why the Twins, despite winning 100 games were never contenders for the WS. Also, great bullpens are nice but not when they have to throw 5-6 innings every game in the playoffs. It catches up in a 7 game series. You need 1 or 2 aces and you’re good to go.

• Like 1

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Great pitching always beats great hitting in October. You don’t get to beat up on 4th and 5th starters for 5-6 innings. It’s why the Twins, despite winning 100 games were never contenders for the WS. Also, great bullpens are nice but not when they have to throw 5-6 innings every game in the playoffs. It catches up in a 7 game series. You need 1 or 2 aces and you’re good to go.

Couldn't agree more Biz. 

That's why back before the trade deadline, and Cashman sat on his hands and let let one opportunity after another go by, for starters. I just shook my head. Knowing when this part of the playoffs came, it would come back to bite the Yankees big time. If we just had ONE more quality starter in the rotation that is at least dependable, we could order the rings.

8 minutes ago, grampy said:

Couldn't agree more Biz. 

That's why back before the trade deadline, and Cashman sat on his hands and let let one opportunity after another go by, for starters. I just shook my head. Knowing when this part of the playoffs came, it would come back to bite the Yankees big time. If we just had ONE more quality starter in the rotation that is at least dependable, we could order the rings.

Sorta like Domingo German?  Who picked a terrible time to be an A-Hole.  

• Like 1

Wow that sucked ! Cards got pounded , after first inning I started surfing the Net , a bit later told   Mrs to change the channel .

Now the Astro’s have to win so I have somebody to cheer for to beat the Nats .

Couldn't agree more Biz. 

Arod made a good point last night. He talked about astros getting Verlander and WS. The Sox trading young talent for Sale and got their WS. Then he said yanks had a chance at Cole but didn’t want to get rid of Andujar. At some point, you gotta trade offense for pitching. Yanks have one of the best lineups ever in history and same with bullpen. It’s a shame they have nothing to show for it yet

• Like 1