Can’t decide bow or rifle for hunt

fadetoblack188

7 minutes ago, fadetoblack188 said:

I am going down south next month for a hog hunt.  This is out of a tree stand. I am having a hard time deciding on wether to bring my 6.8 ar or my bow 

I would like to shoot it with bow. But what if the only hog comes in at 80-100 yards ? 

What do do you guys think!? 

If it is going to be a once in a lifetime hunt bring the gun if you going to be doing this a lot what's the difference .

Only you can decide whether you will kick yourself if you go bow and scenario you mentioned occurs.  If you will then take the 6.8.  

If you are going for more than 1 day you could start with bow and move to gun midway through trip.  I did that when I went bear hunting.  

Depends what you want to do...I went on a Maine Bear hunt over bait and spent the 4 days with bow (and my pud) in hand. If I went with gun guide would have place me in different stands but I just don’t care for guns as much as I like using bows. The bow certainly made it harder on my guide but I knew that and was ok with coming home with only the experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been on many hunts when some members took a bow and a gun,,,,Nearly every time, they hunted with the bow for a few days and then killed their game with the gun....

On only ONE hunt in northern Quebec,  the bow guy stuck with it and killed two nice caribou bulls, as nice as any the rest of us took with our rifles....

The only pig hunting I have done was free range, and they were damned hard to get a shot at with a rifle....Never did any canned pig hunting..That might be different..Good luck, Pilgrim.....