Natalie’s First Try with a powderburner

moog5050

We took the day to do some shooting with her new 22 and some ATV riding.   No flinching.   She did great.  

This is her final group at 50yds.  She was not happy but I think it’s darn good for first time and farther than she has ever shot. 

And Deer were out everywhere.  We must have seen 20 Deer or more.   I think I will hunt with the ATV next year.   They don’t go anywhere.   Lol

CD4EB230-9B56-4BCE-A501-D15AA5D1D267.jpeg

DBC4022F-C584-408F-8360-89B7F8E955D4.jpeg

72728688-068B-4F27-8E82-BC0284A1586B.jpeg

4A7EB7C8-8F26-40F2-B0E0-52BAAB0727EC.jpeg

0E6F1BA8-E8DB-428C-925D-FC74F170620C.jpeg

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Love the one standing right under your ladder?!? Good shooting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That area was loaded with tracks.  The pic of the group is only 50yds away.   That is also where Grampy almost took a nice buck from the ground.  

• Like 1

It looks like Natalie is doing awesome! So cool she enjoys shooting and the outdoors stuff! You have have a life long hunting partner, and she has the best mentor! Priceless! 

I thought that spot looked real familiar. Great memories from there!

• Like 2

Women / girls are very self competitive, have an ex gf I tought to shoot a .22 she wanted bullet hole inside of bullet hole I thought her quarter size group at 50 yards was fine. She kept trying .I had to explain the gun she was using was not bedded,nor were we shooting match ammo and ever bullet was slightly different .. she eventually went out and bought a bench gun and match ammo and joined a shooting club... crazy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Women / girls are very self competitive, have an ex gf I tought to shoot a .22 she wanted bullet hole inside of bullet hole I thought her quarter size group at 50 yards was fine. She kept trying .I had to explain the gun she was using was not bedded,nor were we shooting match ammo and ever bullet was slightly different .. she eventually went out and bought a bench gun and match ammo and joined a shooting club... crazy. 

I like the fact she is competitive so long as she maintains a good attitude.  I am similar and with enough work I learned you can become better than average at anything even if not naturally gifted.  Most wouldn’t believe it now but I wrestled at 145 my sophomore year.   Lots of work to get big enough to play noseguard in college.     One needs the drive and work ethic.   Hopefully we harness that for Natalie while keeping it fun.