Need help with arrow selection

Swamp_bucks

So currently im shooting carbon express radial weaver 300s.  Out of my bear charge 65 lbs,28inch draw and is roughly 280-295 fps is my guess.  Ive never really known how to pick the right arrows.  And The arrows i have just dont seem to fly good. My local shop just isnt what it used to be so i try not to go there.  So any pointers would help.  I want to get better at bowhunting and shooting so any advice would be great.  

100 grain.  I believe theres something else not quite right either shooting stance somethings not lined up just right.   Theres a guy down to work that does know quite a bit about them so im going to see if he can go over the bow with me and my shooting stance.  

280-295 seems a bit quick fr a 65 pound bow . I've found that i like going a step to the stiff side then adding weight to the front , i feel like the extra weight up front help with broadhead tuning . I shot a 400 axis last year and my broadheads were all over from field points , i switched back to my 330 hexx with 50 g of brass up front with a 100 g tip ,the field tips and fixed blade muzzy broadhead shoot exactly the same. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

So currently im shooting carbon express radial weaver 300s.  Out of my bear charge 65 lbs,28inch draw and is roughly 280-295 fps is my guess.  Ive never really known how to pick the right arrows.  And The arrows i have just dont seem to fly good. My local shop just isnt what it used to be so i try not to go there.  So any pointers would help.  I want to get better at bowhunting and shooting so any advice would be great.  

I ran the numbers on my pinwheel arrow app and it’s saying a 28 inch 400 spine arrow is ideal for your specs. Just FYI the ibo on your bow is 305. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guys.  I have a  new single pin sight on the way in and the guy from work gave me a number to a guy that has the time to show me the whole process of setting up my bows the correct way.  So once that sight comes in im going to take it to him and have him strip it down and reset up the bow up for me.  Then ill test a couple different arrows.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Before you buy arrows paper tune the bow! It’s very very rare for arrows being the cause of erratic flight unless you’re way under spines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I’d definitely recommend paper tuning your bow first. Once that is done, then small changes to the arrow itself can be made.