Guess who got a new/used bow?

BowmanMike

I finally took the plunge and bought a used bow off archery talk. It is a halon x pro,35" ATA and 7" brace height. It came with an adjustable grip and I have it maxed at 62#. 

What an upgrade this thing is from my previous set up,wow. I will post some pictures shortly. I got a drop away rest for it as well and I like it.

• Like 6

Awesome, nothing like a new bow. So what we’re you shootings before this one ? I bought my wife’s bow and tons of accessories off of archery talk. And yes let’s see some photos.. 

Edited by rob-c

here are some pictures.

The bow shoots well,i have just started shooting last Friday. Hadn't touched a bow since November. The shots were at 27 to 33 yds,i am glad there is some room for improvement. I think i will head to a 3d shoot this Sunday in Gilbertsville.

I am loving this bow though,we will be partners for a long time i think

20190424_130129.jpg

20190424_130120.jpg

20190424_130046.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, grampy said:

Way to go Mike! Nice bow!

I too upgraded for a new to me bow this year. I'm loving it! 

I hope we will both be able to harvest some deer with our new rigs. I will also get some lighted nocks for my hunting arrows so i can see where i hit the deer better. That lost me one deer last year i think,i thought i hit it better than i did. I thought lungs but i think it was liver in hindsight. I pushed it too early as well because i had seen a coyote not 15 mins before i shot the deer and that made me nervous. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sodfather said:

Congrats Mike that’s a sweet looking rig. I love love archery talk. They have the best classified section out of any of the forums. How much did ya get it for if you don’t mind me asking 

I got the bow plus a rest for target shooting and a pro grip for $500. It was a sweet deal,the guy started at 650,but it was up for a while. Nice guy to deal with. I was looking at another set up,but the guy seemed shady and his feedback was horrible. Archery talk is a great resource.

I think the bow retailed for 1300 new in 2016.

• Like 1

I just got back from my first 3D shoot this year,40 targets. It went well,didn't loose an arrow. Some of their targets are over 40 yds. The bow shoots well and is very forgiving. I had a pretty good flinch/twitch on the release on one target an it just made the arrow hit a little left. So happy with the bow. In another month or so i will get lighted nocks and montec broadheads and try those out to make sure everything is dialed in and i will have plenty of time before hunting season to make sure everything is tuned right.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2019 at 12:20 PM, BowmanMike said:

So happy with the bow. In another month or so i will get lighted nocks and montec broadheads and try those out to make sure everything is dialed in and i will have plenty of time before hunting season to make sure everything is tuned right.

I used them for years and they punched through anything, were razor sharp and were easy to sharpen. The blood trails ALWAYS sucked with them. I switched. 

Nice bow and the best part that you purchased is confidence. 

12 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I used them for years and they punched through anything, were razor sharp and were easy to sharpen. The blood trails ALWAYS sucked with them. I switched. 

Nice bow and the best part that you purchased is confidence. 

You are so right. Last year i had confidence after shooting with field tips. but when i put the broadheads on things went to sh*t fast. And there is nothing worse than second guessing everything.

Now i know my string was going fast,but at the time i was perplexed. 

I am surprised to hear the bloodtrails were poor with the montecs,what did you change to?

You are so right. Last year i had confidence after shooting with field tips. but when i put the broadheads on things went to sh*t fast. And there is nothing worse than second guessing everything.

Now i know my string was going fast,but at the time i was perplexed. 

I am surprised to hear the bloodtrails were poor with the montecs,what did you change to?

Rage. I am using on the compound and crossbow. This is the blood trail using them.

3 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Rage. I am using on the compound and crossbow. This is the blood trail using them.

Aha..I am a little leary using mechanicals,just because i like simple things better. I am shooting 60#,probably at a tad under 300 fps.

Did you ever have trouble with the mechanicals? I have no experience with them.

Aha..I am a little leary using mechanicals,just because i like simple things better. I am shooting 60#,probably at a tad under 300 fps.
Did you ever have trouble with the mechanicals? I have no experience with them.

I stayed away because I had bad experiences with the fold back types. This slip cams seem pretty dependable to me