Youth baseball thread

Zag

Assume his parents have the cash to back up that Ivy league dream or his family has a financial need....since they don't pass out athketic scholarships.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

They are JUST FINE.
And while ivy’s don’t offer athletic scholarships they do seem to put together “academic packages” or “grants” for athletes that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

@Biz-R-OWorldall of this talk of summer leagues and stuff is a far cry from msa travel at crane rd lol. 

Haha. Funny, but true story:

I played the first ever night game under the new lighting system there. Maybe 1994 or 1995? It was against Shrub Oak. Some local politicians gave a bunch of speeches and a 8pm start turned into 9pm. A high scoring game kept it going until midnight when the lights went out. They were on a timer and nobody knew how to get them back on. They had to postpone the game and resume the next day. 

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Haha. Funny, but true story:

I played the first ever night game under the new lighting system there. Maybe 1994 or 1995? It was against Shrub Oak. Some local politicians gave a bunch of speeches and a 8pm start turned into 9pm. A high scoring game kept it going until midnight when the lights went out. They were on a timer and nobody knew how to get them back on. They had to postpone the game and resume the next day. 

I don’t remember night games there.  First night game I played was in HS somewhere in hopewell.  

night games made u feel like you were big time

1 minute ago, diplomat019 said:

I don’t remember night games there.  First night game I played was in HS somewhere in hopewell.  

night games made u feel like you were big time

I agree. night games were electric!

Only the little field at Crane got lights. My last year before going to big diamond. You were older so you never got the chance. It was pretty awesome, because the big field was pitch black so when you bombed one over the OF's heads it disappeared into the night. 

Fairly busy weekend of baseball, one game tomorrow and 2 Sunday, where else would I want to be than a ball field on father’s day! Hopefully he keeps is hitting momentum going. He’s been practicing his ass off. I should count the swings per week, It would be a freaking  crap ton!

5 innings pitched, 5 hits, 3 walks 2 k’s 2 runs (none earned-bases loaded full count gets the 5 hitter to pop out to right-2nd baseman doesn’t yield to RF and drops it.
78 pitches …49 strikes.

2-1 loss

We couldnt get the right hit at the right time: also had a runner make the last out at third with lead off coming to the plate.

• Like 1

f390a9426aa44c2b2af77f006afac31a.jpg
Finals Thursday at 11am, I guess its TS for parents that work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Live stream? Post the link! I just ordered a Clarence cow bell that I will deploy appropriately from the SE!

• Like 1

f390a9426aa44c2b2af77f006afac31a.jpg
Finals Thursday at 11am, I guess its TS for parents that work?

Pending a Clarence win, can we arrange for the AA state championship game between Mahopac and Clarence? If it’s a sanctioned GTG the state can’t stop it?

Finally took pictures with my cell phone last night. It was her last game of the season and she went 5-5 with 2 RBI’s. It’s 8U and they don’t keep track of stats but still a good game. They ended up losing by 1 after it was decided to go an extra inning. The rules are very very loose. Lol.
9783e51b63849867905187b0d6aa6ce0.jpg
172ba2b13f5c3ad5eb53d575f8295862.jpg
2b2ff75ea3dbf085cbc2fcc793e4b460.jpg
dc637cea908e91a3d39834bcb526e7fe.jpg

• Like 5

Finally took pictures with my cell phone last night. It was her last game of the season and she went 5-5 with 2 RBI’s. It’s 8U and they don’t keep track of stats but still a good game. They ended up losing by 1 after it was decided to go an extra inning. The rules are very very loose. Lol.

#7!! Lets go!!!!!

• Like 1

That baby in the line of a foul ball is scary

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

That baby in the line of a foul ball is scary

If it was older kids I would agree with you but most 8U girls are lucky to hit it in the air past the pitcher. Most hits are on the ground and roll to the picture. I'd be more worried about a missed throw! 

• Like 1