hypothetical question

bubba

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ill show you a spot thats great for does. The first weekend im heading out to my secret spot so i wont be around that weekend. but we will chat and i can show you that spot im talking about. We will have to chat when we get closer to that time if you guys are seriously going to come out here. we wil set it up  :P

Geno, as I've said before that is a MIGHTY NICE offer you have made us!  We shall see what the good DEC gives me next week as far as my first choice in doe tags for my usual stomping grounds.  The probability is low this year, but I do have a preference point from last year, so we will see what happens.  Your offer does sound mighty tempting.  I know that I probably could see more deer in a few hours on LI than I could the whole season where I hunt.  We do bag deer every year where I hunt, but it's not like we get to see some every time out.

Many years ago hunting bear in NJ became illegal.  About 7 years ago, the season was opened again after too many bears caused a lot of trouble.  But the anti's got to the state EPA (who the DEC works for) and a jerk of a governor who wanted votes more than conservation.  Bear hunting became illegal again, when it was needed more than ever.  Hunters and farmers in NJ fought that fight for 5 years.  I'm proud to say I was very active in that fight, and for my efforts, was rewarded with a nice bear in 2010.  The fight is still going on too, as the anti's are still trying to have bear hunting stopped in NJ.  If it is a law made only as a political decision, fight it! 

Hunting can be abolished practically over night, if we aren't watching for signs it's coming.

If hunting was taken away from us it wouldn't change my schedule for the fall. I still would spend a lot of time at camp enjoying the "best time of year" to be in the woods. For me it would not be an end all but I would fight it for myself and future hunters.