hypothetical question

bubba

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some times this site reminds me of the Democrats vs the Republicans always fighting about something.

Dave

That is becasue both are deeply rooted pursuits. We have been engaged in both since we first crawled out of the ooze and stood on two feet.  :P

Not sure how this thread could cause such a ruckus... damn you Bubba!!  :D

Anyone else find it quite disturbing that such a large group of people who share the same passion disagree and argue so much?  Simply amazing to me it even comes right down to individuals pointing out spelling errors.  The tired out debate of no place to hunt or all the land is bought and posted blah blah blah.  We all own land in this state and we all have the right to hunt it.  Theres a huge chunk called the adirondacks and another huge chunk called the catskills and than there are thousands of acres spread all over the state.  Wait is it a right to hunt it or a privaledge lol.  You guys truly think the state is going to f)ck with what 600,000 armed men and women who rip off each others heads for petty bs let alone tell us we cant hunt without a statewide hunting revolution.  What part of hypothetical was missed on this thread.  Now lets move on to more important issues like how many mountain lions the dec let loose in the state and why nobody has a picture or proof of it lol.

Anyone else find it quite disturbing that such a large group of people who share the same passion disagree and argue so much? 

Not a bit. I fully expect a forum to involve differences of opinion. We as hunters have a whole lot of things that generate opinions and usually one guy's opinion is directly opposite of the next. Perhaps the way people express themselves can get a bit objectionable, but you have to remember that outdoorsmen and women are generally very passionate about our activities and how they are conducted. Sometimes it gets a bit overboard.

Actually if it weren't for differences of opinion, these forum pages would be almost blank. However, it maybe would be worth recognizing that just because we disagree, it doesn't mean that we always have to go for the throat.

Anyone else find it quite disturbing that such a large group of people who share the same passion disagree and argue so much? 

Not a bit. I fully expect a forum to involve differences of opinion. We as hunters have a whole lot of things that generate opinions and usually one guy's opinion is directly opposite of the next. Perhaps the way people express themselves can get a bit objectionable, but you have to remember that outdoorsmen and women are generally very passionate about our activities and how they are conducted. Sometimes it gets a bit overboard.

Actually if it weren't for differences of opinion, these forum pages would be almost blank. However, it maybe would be worth recognizing that just because we disagree, it doesn't mean that we always have to go for the throat.

well said

Sorry I ever asked now. I was simply reading how so many people need 3 or 4 deer to survive a year.  I was thinking what would they do if they could not rely on the meat.  Like spend the money on guns and a license and buy meat, but that was just a one year solution.  I was simply curious.  But it was a lesson on morals.  Those who would say they would hunt anyway, well I doubt they follow the law now anyway, so why not. Those that said they would stand up and fight the law, good for you. Those who wanted to buy land next to me and raise pigs cool.  Says alot about character there too.  I doubt I would hunt with you when one simple statement gets you so boiling to threaten me with pigs lol. Those that just wanted to point out the mistakes others made in a post, I am sorry all the kids picked on you when you were a kid so you have to get even by being an internet bully.  Quite a cross section though.  Again the main word was hypothetical, no need for a march on Albany yet.

Those who wanted to buy land next to me and raise pigs cool.  Says alot about character there too.  I doubt I would hunt with you when one simple statement gets you so boiling to threaten me with pigs lol.

Hey Bub, my opinion is that hunting as allowed by the state of NY isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so in my opinion your hypothetical question was stretching things more than a little bit here.  YOU were the one to take my other opinion that landowners are less likely to allow hunters to hunt these days compared to 20-30 years ago to mean that YOU should let me and everyone else hunt on your land.  It sure seems to me that you were the one who started to boil and not me.  I just made a simple statement that surely wasn't directed at you since I have NO way of knowing if you own land or not.  As far as raising hogs next to your land, that actually WAS intended to boil you up even more since you started getting riled up for no good reason!  LOL

Isnt a hypothetical question supposed to be a bit of a stretch in the first place?  ;)

Yes it is.  I then stated why in my opinion I didn't think the possibility was likely anytime soon. I wasn't even going to reply to this thread, but I guess I was tempted when I read calls for uprising against the government which I find quite silly to a hypothetical question such as this.  I guess to me it's like hypothetically I could win the lottery and become dirt rich.  In reality I sure won't waste much time even thinking of the possibility when I know that it's not likely to happen to me. :)

i kind of agree with him tho... 90% of the threads become poitical debates on who knows more or thinks they know more. tomany tangents break out on a topic and answers are totally irrelevant to the origonal topic. i am on probably 20 different forums and i have never encountered so many mixed emotions on things as i do here. I am not complaining at all as i am still here and to a certain extent it is whats to be expected BUT in the same breath DAMN! i mean stick to the topic LOL. some replys are out of left field and make no friggin sense. one minute we are talking about something and then Baiting, AR's blah blah blah, 107 pages later just a group of guys sharing the same passions arguing like kids LOL. ive seen some cocky guys in my years of cruising forums but there are way to manyguys on this one that seem to never be wrong on anything. my opinion is if your that good and knowledgeable why dont you join the DEC and make a change or fight for what you think is right? but yet you fight tooth and nail with guys on here just to pass the day by. im not knocking anyone but half the time i stay out of the debates, read and lough at how some guys fight each other on here and yet we all share the same common ground.

Unbelievable!  Doc actually put it well in another thread about how boring things would be if there weren't threads where people actually debated things.  It's not about being smarter or better.  Some people just can't accept anyone else questioning them about their posts or opinions.  If someone does, right away they get accused of starting a ruckus and being a smartass.  I know that if I took personally everything people throw at me on a forum such as this, I wouldn't even bother to post.  Really guys, do you just want threads where someone congratulates the other on the cool trailcam picture they took, the deer they shot, or the new gun or bow they bought and nothing else pertinent was ever discussed??  Go ahead and make this forum that, and it will go under even quicker than we think it will WITH all the arguing here.  Interesting threads and topics will keep the forum alive.  Boring ones will not keep people coming back for more! 

Unbelievable!  Doc actually put it well in another thread about how boring things would be if there weren't threads where people actually debated things.  It's not about being smarter or better.  Some people just can't accept anyone else questioning them about their posts or opinions.  If someone does, right away they get accused of starting a ruckus and being a smartass.  I know that if I took personally everything people throw at me on a forum such as this, I wouldn't even bother to post.  Really guys, do you just want threads where someone congratulates the other on the cool trailcam picture they took, the deer they shot, or the new gun or bow they bought and nothing else pertinent was ever discussed??  Go ahead and make this forum that, and it will go under even quicker than we think it will WITH all the arguing here.  Interesting threads and topics will keep the forum alive.  Boring ones will not keep people coming back for more!

Agreed. I am fine with the way it is most of the time around here. Makes it interesting.

Ok I have a hypothetical question.How about we all talk about anything without it turning into an argument.Are we all not grown ups.This was a fun topic just to shoot the bull there was no need for all this. Sorry.

Looks like it's time for me to post my favorite youtube link to make peace reign again here.

For those who don't already know, this was filmed a few years ago and me and Doewhacker can be seen singing in the second row.  :P

Oh no, i believe you... i can see you and steve had a pretty good tan going on back then LOL. was it a female giraffe? cause i know you guys lay off the males lol

ill admit Steve has some good jokes here and there :P