hypothetical question

bubba

"gotta agree with this chap, when they "attempt" to take away my right to hunt imma gonna get real ugly,"

Two things, one its a privlage not a right to hunt, two, you already are ugly and I can't see you getting uglier.

Bubba, my thoughts exactly, highschool drama at its best.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am not worried about hunting going anywhere.  Of course there are the paranoid type who think the boogeymen are out to get them 24/7.  In the last 20-30 years I have seen MORE hunting opportunities for hunters and not LESS.  The biggest threat to our right to hunt is available private land for hunting.  Much of this problem is caused by hunters themselves who own a good deal of this land yet don't want any other hunters even too look at it, never mind hunt it.  If they do allow you to hunt, it will most likely be for some sort of access fee, so whose fault is that if hunting activity does continue to dwindle in the future??  States are not about to let a great source of revenue like hunting licenses just go away, especially a state like NY, who even wants to use hunting license money for non-wildlife, conservation purposes.  Money talks, if you guys haven't noticed, thus I don't see hunting going anywhere anytime soon as far as states or governments banning it. 

In the last 20-30 years I have seen MORE hunting opportunities for hunters and not LESS.  The biggest threat to our right to hunt is available private land for hunting. 

You've seen MORE hunting opportunities in the last 20 - 30 years, but lack of hunting opportunities is the biggest threat to hunting?????  ...... :-\ .

ok so I own land I pay the taxes buy the seed to plant food plots. I also keep up the land as well as do what I can to keep the deer herd healthy.  Why is it your or any one else's right to hunt my land?  I am the cause hunting is dwindling because I had the gall to buy land and let whom I want to hunt it?    I do let some people hunt my land. But I choose who and when.  I always had the silly notion that since I own it, I can control it.  I guess I was mistaken.  I am a greedy bastard I guess.  Such a sense of entitlement scares me. 

In the last 20-30 years I have seen MORE hunting opportunities for hunters and not LESS.  The biggest threat to our right to hunt is available private land for hunting. 

You've seen MORE hunting opportunities in the last 20 - 30 years, but lack of hunting opportunities is the biggest threat to hunting? ??? ?  ...... :-\ .

Opportunities as to what the state allows us to shoot.  These days one can hunt bears and turkeys in places they couldn't 20-30 years ago.  You can hunt deer in different seasons and are given several tags to hunt with bows, guns, muzzleloaders and now crossbows.  In many locations you can get several doe permits.  Years ago you had 2 or 3 people on party permit to get only one for the whole group.  There are ample things to hunt, but land access is becoming a problem.  That problem has mostly been created by us hunters and NOT governments telling us we can't hunt.

ok so I own land I pay the taxes buy the seed to plant food plots. I also keep up the land as well as do what I can to keep the deer herd healthy.  Why is it your or any one else's right to hunt my land?  I am the cause hunting is dwindling because I had the gall to buy land and let whom I want to hunt it?    I do let some people hunt my land. But I choose who and when.  I always had the silly notion that since I own it, I can control it.  I guess I was mistaken.  I am a greedy bastard I guess.  Such a sense of entitlement scares me.

No one is saying YOU alone are the problem or expect you to let everyone on your land.  In general though, hunting has become more of a selfish game where people are less likely to share their land than they were 20-30 years ago.  No one called you a greedy bastard but yourself.  I lease land to hunt since that is what hunting has become these days, and could care less if you let me or anyone else hunt on yours.  Just saying what hunting has become, that's all. 

Well, i would get along with the wife more from October to December... LOL jk

i would fish alot more then i do already... Do some more fall golfing and prob do more work around the house and what not. Who the hell knows what one would do with all this time lol. deff a bridge i dont ever want to cross.

"gotta agree with this chap, when they "attempt" to take away my right to hunt imma gonna get real ugly,"

Two things, one its a privlage not a right to hunt, two, you already are ugly and I can't see you getting uglier.

It will be a right to hunt pretty soon.

No one is saying YOU alone are the problem or expect you to let everyone on your land.  In general though, hunting has become more of a selfish game where people are less likely to share their land than they were 20-30 years ago.  No one called you a greedy bastard but yourself.  I lease land to hunt since that is what hunting has become these days, and could care less if you let me or anyone else hunt on yours.  Just saying what hunting has become, that's all.

That is one thing that I have noticed is that a lot of my former hunting grounds from my younger years have been leased and locked up.

By the way, I agree that it will not be the government that shuts down hunting. There are far too many other forces competing for that job ..... lol. About the only thing that would ever get the government into the act is if our numbers get so small that we become totally irrelevant to game management. We've got a ways to go yet on that score. 

you my friend r a sheep....

for others out there who do realize that this is a possible threat that might just one day come true and would stand up to any type of nonsense like this i applaud you. ask any Texan what he would do if Hypothetically he woke up one morning and his right to hunt was takin away, i really doubt his answer would be to go for a walk in the woods to watch birds!

and as far as Doe's opinion on hunting being a "PRIVILEGE"(learn to spell DOE) i say poo to u on that too! just because your government tells you something is a privilege doesnt mean it so....you will always have the right to hunt and feed yourself as an American! hunting a privilege, yea right just like your your privilege to be taxed to death here in NY :)

the loss of access by land being bought up by hunters who wont let other hunters use their land is a huge misconception, here in Ulster county the land has been bought up by NONE/ANTI hunters who wanna stop hunting. i can show you a dozen large parcels rignt in my area that were bought up by rich Manhattanites in the last few years, yea once someones hunting area, now heavily posted and in some cases even gaurded especially during hunting season.

1.  I'd inundate my representatives with phone calls and letters.

2. I'd start a new religion centered around nature.  My church is the woods.  Wild game meat is the food of my Gods, which they share with their followers.....perhaps many of us are members of this church, it just hasn't been formally written down yet.  Then I'd sue the government for religious discrimination.

Boy I NEVER saw this coming...but PART of your comments I agree with SITs...really..."I'd bird watch and fish more"...I'm not one to walk off a cliff just because the guys in front or to the side are doing the same....

BUT...I also can't say enough of how sick and tired I am of all the whining..."My hunting spot got sold or bought up"...I mean where the hell have you guys been all your lifes?...you didn't see all that farm land you use to pass on your drives.... turning into houses?...was the shiny new truck...boat car...vacation ...toy what ever..... that important? That you were blinded to the fact land is being gobbled up into 5 acre lots?

I don't feel sorry for any of you sorry...I live on my vacation spot...I drive a Van and cavalier that cost 200.00 each and I'm afraid to wash because of the rustI leave behind...waited 15 years and took a part time job to buy a bow...because I have land to use that bow on any time I want...but see Those are MY priorities...and I don't feel bad that I limit my lands to my family and 1-2 close friends...and say stay the hell out to everyone else ::)

/

"you my friend r a sheep....

for others out there who do realize that this is a possible threat that might just one day come true and would stand up to any type of nonsense like this i applaud you. ask any Texan what he would do if Hypothetically he woke up one morning and his right to hunt was takin away, i really doubt his answer would be to go for a walk in the woods to watch birds!

and as far as Doe's opinion on hunting being a "PRIVILEGE"(learn to spell DOE) i say poo to u on that too! just because your government tells you something is a privilege doesnt mean it so....you will always have the right to hunt and feed yourself as an American! hunting a privilege, yea right just like your your privilege to be taxed to death here in NY :) "

blah blah, shut up drama queen. Go take another picture of yourself with your Monica Lewinsky cap on in front of a mirror, freakin troll...

And seriously, you are trying to play word poilice on me? lol