hypothetical question

bubba

Some of the posts on here have had me thinking. My question si waht would you do if hunting were suddenly illegal today?  I personally wouls till go to camp ad enjoy some photography as well as the friendship of camp.  I have never depended on venison to survive, as where I hunt some years you do not get any.  I would also fish more. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first thing that comes to mind is the fact that without hunters, there would be no resources for law enforcement of the new "no-hunting" laws. Perhaps I might see the first real use for a crossbow ...... lol.

.........Just Kidding!!!!!

we count on my husband getting a deer every yr since i don't. I hunt squirrel to help and i have people who give us meat like rabbit and venison and squirrel. so if there was no hunting then i would raise my own meat. finally my husband couldn't say no.

I can not even think about that!I don't eat all that much venison,I give some to a lot of the guys I work with.So I could do with out the meat.Now I guess I can still roam the woods and sit in the stands,But not being able to hunt would suck.I don't even want to think about that.I would cry like a baby!!!!!!!!

I'm really surprised nobody has said they would fight the damn law and get it repealed.  I for one, would not accept such a violation on my chosen lifestyle.  Just because something becomes illegal, doesn't mean it has to stay that way.  Doesn't anyone remember prohibition?  People don't have to accept everything that is forced upon them.  If something doesn't sit well with you, FIGHT IT!

If I can't spend my time hunting, I'll spend it fighting the law against it!

I would take the money I currently use to hunt around home ( which is substantial) and use it for a couple hunting trips per year somewhere that it was still legal.

I'd do a lot more fishing...I  fish quite a bit already. The months of May, September, October and November, when I am usually busy hunting, are excellent fishing months.

Work on thinning the anti hunting herd  ;)  I'm sure if they made hunting illegal then they would make fishing illegal also. So I would have to become an outlaw and poach and sell the meat since there would be a lot of deer around and no hunters. :D  I have never really had much respect for authority anyhow so f'm.

I'm really surprised nobody has said they would fight the damn law and get it repealed.  I for one, would not accept such a violation on my chosen lifestyle.  Just because something becomes illegal, doesn't mean it has to stay that way.  Doesn't anyone remember prohibition?  People don't have to accept everything that is forced upon them.  If something doesn't sit well with you, FIGHT IT!

i gotta agree with this chap, when they "attempt" to take away my right to hunt imma gonna get real ugly, i hear too many guy's here talkin about backup plans, going on vacations to hunt somewhere else, bird wayching, walking in the woods, for Christ sakes men grow a damned spine, anti's read this and they are gonna think we got milk for BLOOD!!!!

i gotta agree with this chap, when they "attempt" to take away my right to hunt imma gonna get real ugly, i hear too many guy's here talkin about backup plans, going on vacations to hunt somewhere else, bird wayching, walking in the woods, for Christ sakes men grow a damned spine, anti's read this and they are gonna think we got milk for BLOOD!!!!

oh God how dramatic.  It was a hypothetical question designed to see where peoples morals are.  There is a lot worse threads on here for anti's ammunition. It said if you got up one day and suddenly hunting was illegal.  How do you fight that? It was intended also for the people who claim they need to kill three or four deer a year or starve.  I was wondering how they would survive.