MFDC0160.JPG

MFDC0127.JPG

MFDC0087.JPG

MFDC0023.JPG

MFDC0017.JPG

• Like 10

97.3% of statistics are made up
To Err is Human - To Forgive Divine 

Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy !

My treestand is 12 yards away . Any other tree is too small diameter for a stand . 

• Like 3

97.3% of statistics are made up
To Err is Human - To Forgive Divine 

Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy !

Sweet close ups!

Is it ever “too early” to use pics and sightings to try to “pattern” deer movement for the hunting season?

Besides being really cool to have “up the nose” shots of deer and keeping tabs on the herd, is there a hunting spot “benefit?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Sweet close ups!

Is it ever “too early” to use pics and sightings to try to “pattern” deer movement for the hunting season?

Besides being really cool to have “up the nose” shots of deer and keeping tabs on the herd, is there a hunting spot “benefit?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there's a lot to patterning deer. i've patterned bucks into maturity from summer ranges into fall ranges.  often you can locate a bucks core summer area and then narrow down where his fall range might be. summer is a perfect time to plan. you can see what crops are going in or not by local farmers. from middle age to maturity it seems some bucks really become creatures of habit. whether or not where they are is easy to hunt, have permission, or can even make it all happen on stand is totally different.

doe family groups are similar in that summer scouting can tell you fawn recruitment and what's available to responsibly fill freezer. private land and good public places to hunt aren't easy to come by so no need to mess up your own honey hole, even if you have the legal tags and means to do so.

on thing i'd do if i was Ed, i'd move the cams up higher. sure they don't about human presence now but as things near hard antler and leaves change you're conditioning them all off season to know that's a spot with people around.

• Like 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://arforny.com