Do you load your deer by yourself?

cynthiafu

16 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I think the general population does have a positive opinion of hunters, and are not offended by a dead deer. And I couldn’t care less about the tiny fraction that are. Congrats on the turkey Todd, that’s a heck of an accomplishment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That tiny fraction is pretty large by me, but I still dont give a crap. Only reason I dont display my deer is I quarter my deer where I hunt so I dont take any ticks home. Cant live your life in fear of what other people think 

• Like 2

Just now, ATbuckhunter said:

Try actually being IN NYC lol 

Growing up in Queens NY back in the 60's and 70's it honestly wasn't a big deal.  You had quite a few people who hunted from the city back then and most brought back deer strapped to their vehicles.   People weren't as nuts back then as they are now.   I remember one Greek dude who had shot a really nice buck.  He must have had it strapped to his trunk for a week and was driving it all around the city showing it off.  LOL  That surely wouldn't swing today!

• Like 2

Just now, steve863 said:

Growing up in Queens NY back in the 60's and 70's it honestly wasn't a big deal.  You had quite a few people who hunted from the city back then and most brought back deer strapped to their vehicles.   People weren't as nuts back then as they are now.   I remember one Greek dude who had shot a really nice buck.  He must have had it strapped to his trunk for a week and was driving it all around the city showing it off.  LOL  That surely wouldn't swing today!

Around me there are still a decent amount of Italian familys that hunt so its not too bad

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Anyone who gives me a hard time about a deer better be a full on militant vegan or their opinion is garbage anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LOL - I had to explain this concept to my sister who was giving me a hard time about hunting while eating a burger. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Around me there are still a decent amount of Italian familys that hunt so its not too bad

It's funny.  Queens is very ethnic and always has been, but it's the folks with the Anglo sounding names that will sooner have issues with your dead deer than will the Asians, Hispanics or Middle-Eastern, so go figure that one out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steve863 said:

It's funny.  Queens is very ethnic and always has been, but it's the folks with the Anglo sounding names that will sooner have issues with your dead deer than will the Asians, Hispanics or Middle-Eastern, so go figure that one out.

You have a good point. Most ethnic groups keep to themselves except for the people you mentioned

Back in the 80's, 90's we use to always bring back deer into Brooklyn and never had issues, heck i remember strapping deer down to the rear wing of my 77' firebird..lol..but since we have had the house upstate for last 20 + years or so, just much easier to butcher the deer at the cabin, no need to transport anymore. We never cared what anyone thought, even if i had to transport one today.