Ok. . . so who else is thinking about opening day 24/7?

Deerthug

Honestly NO I don't think about it 24/7.  Yeah, it crosses my mind and I still look forward to it since I do like to hunt, but I have had 30 plus opening days under my belt and have learned that there are way more important things in life than to think about hunting 24/7.  However, I get a real kick out of people saying that they do!  They must live way less hectic lives than I do.  LOL

My desk at work is a mix of my trail camera pictures and my baby girl... So I do think about it throughout the day ;)  Especially this time of year, when the season is just around the corner.  I'm putting in for my days off for opening week of bow now.

Ok . . . well maybe not 24/7, but as opening day nears, it seems to wander into my thinking more often, especially when doing tedious computer work. I guess it doesn't help when my wall in my office is filled with turkey fans, horns and hides as well as pictures of the good times spent with friends and family. 

Steve863, I agree there are a lot more important things to think about (aside from your family which in my mind always comes first), such as . . .um . . . the Yankees battle with the Red Sox for first place . . .LOL! ;)  just kidding . . .

Things on my mind in order of frequency:

1. Hunting.

2. Giants football.

3. Project due 8/26.

4. My large pile of debt I'm accumulating.

5. If my girlfriend will be in the mood tonight since she passed out early last night.

6. Fantasy football draft.

7. Up coming mini-trip to San Diego in late September.

1. Hunting.

2. Giants football.

3. Project due 8/26.

5. If my girlfriend will be in the mood tonight since she passed out early last night.

So we'll assume #5 will be #1 tonight ;)

1. Hunting.

2. Giants football.

3. Project due 8/26.

So we'll assume #5 will be #1 tonight ;)

Yeah, it was suppose to be the night before.  She's been complaining that I've spent too much time lately on #1 and #2.  But by the time I logged off HuntingNY, she was already passed out.  Go figure.

I am still down the shore with the family.We are supposed to go home today but the wife is gonna see if we can stay to the end of the week.Weather is awesome.And my youngest is having a ball.Any way when I get home I well be in hunting mode until Dec 31st.....

honestly its all I think about all year round. They day after muzzleloader i'm already pouting and depressed that i have to wait till next year. the misses is about fed up with it though. so i'm working on pretending not to think about it as much

honestly its all I think about all year round. They day after muzzleloader i'm already pouting and depressed that i have to wait till next year. the misses is about fed up with it though. so i'm working on pretending not to think about it as much

RobC...That is a common affliction...

I have always called it  PDSDS.....

It stands for  Post Deer Season Depression Syndrome...

It is a very real thing...No CHIT..!!..

I have always remedied it with things like winter fishing, rabbit and grouse hunting, excessive alcohol use and other common cures.

I have indeed begun to plot my strategy  for the upcoming deer season here at home and in PA.

HOWEVER, I am leaving two weeks from tomorrow on a moose hunt in Newfoundland, so THAT is kinda taking center stage right now...

This old fat fart is getting a little bit PUMPED, just to say the least...

I'm am like rob c, right after muzzle loader i start with my drive by scouting( looking at open fields and trails while i drive around for work.) Does anyone  else think they have watches and calendars in their bedding area. after season closes they are everywhere.

little funny thing observed today. waiting for a return call from the office  5 turkey hen cross street into the woods. one come back out and starts jumping at a bush. when done this hen returns back in the wood with a green balloon hang from her mouth. i just wish i had my camera it was funny as hell.