heated vest, insoles

Anyone have experience with using a rechargeable heated vest or the headed insoles? I froze on Saturday and I find I get cold even on the fall hunts with temps in the 30-40's. I was looking on ebay and I see heated vests from $25-125 and the insoles have come down to $40 from over $100. I'm never sure if I can trust the China knockoffs but I don't want to spend a fortune.  Thanks for any advice. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thermacell-Proflex-Heated-Insoles-Size-XL/233404927643?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-USB-Winter-Heated-Warm-Vest-Men-Women-Heating-Coat-Jacket-Clothing/174083059279?

41 minutes ago, Big Indian said:

Thermacell insoles suck. Don’t waste your $, unless u want to buy mine from me. IDK anything about the vest

Agreed. I have a pair and they really don't work as advertised. on "high" setting, your feet warm up from frozen solid all the way to very cold and then they turn off and you only realize when your feet are once again frozen solid. Just put toe warmers in your boots. They work better. 

I have a heated Vest from Cabela's. Had it 6 or 7 seasons now and it is great. I do have two extra batteries for it. It last about 2 hours on high but I generally only need it for the first couple hours on stand. 

I had the thermocell heated insoles. I agree with everyone that says they suck. I am not sure my feet were ever any warmer with them then without them. As far as I am concerned they were worthless. If they weren't a Christmas present I would have returned them but it was almost a year from Christmas to hunting season before I used them. I use toe warmers. I put a pair under my toes and on top so they are in a toe warmer sandwich. This works great. 

• Like 1

I love my thermocell insoles, they are a few years old now and don't last as long as they did. I was thinking about buying new ones. They only maintain your feet from freezing, my feet do not get hot. I still use the Toasties warmers 

My boyfriend has the jacket and vest from Amazon. He also has pants but not sure where he got those. 

Edited by Paula
  • Like 1