new to forum desperate for landowner permission!

orvisman25

hello all, name is ryan... living in fairport currently near rochester and looking for help for any possible hunting permission in monroe or ontario county... willing to barter for inquiries... i am a ethical, morally sound individual with respect being my first and most important characteristic... anyone who can help please reply thanks to all. good hunting!

What WNYBuckhunter said and You might want to check with some of the farmers in the Pittsford / Mendon area and ask permission . You should have been doing this months ago .

Yep. The best time to go looking for permission is in the spring. That way you can scout the area and get to know the landowner better.

I'm sure someone would say it so I figured that I might as well.....not a good way to start off on the site asking for help by bashing the people giving suggestions...espically when "respect" is your first and foremost charistic.....maybe it's me, but i didn't take anythink but helpfulness from Eddie's reply....there are people on this forum that are willing to help and have helped...(i have been the receipent of such help)....don't shoot yourself in the foot.....as you grow on this site you will learn about all the folks on here and will be able to form better opionions of each....just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

i agree paulie... i may have been a little over the top. had no intentions of being rude.. i felt a bit disrespected by that him saying i shouldve been doing that months ago... how does he know that i HAVENT been searching for months now... with all due respect, i have nothing but knowledge to share and friends to make... just sounded a bit quick to judge just based by a few of my topic posts.. land is hard to come by and we all know that. this site isnt my life its a tool to knowledge and no how. i felt a bit awkward regarding that statement thats all..

There are people of all different makes on this site.....new hunter who have yet to set foot in the woods...and hunters who have been in the woods longer then many members have been alive!! Eddie, no offense but i think you fall into the latter (what i would consider a tenured hunter...haha) So you will see response of all types, espically when nobody knows about you....maybe try explaining a little more about yourself and the responses will change accordingly. (i.e. - howing long you have been hunting, where you hunted before, what you hunt with......)

i agree paulie... i may have been a little over the top. had no intentions of being rude.. i felt a bit disrespected by that him saying i shouldve been doing that months ago... how does he know that i HAVENT been searching for months now... with all due respect, i have nothing but knowledge to share and friends to make... just sounded a bit quick to judge just based by a few of my topic posts.. land is hard to come by and we all know that. this site isnt my life its a tool to knowledge and no how. i felt a bit awkward regarding that statement thats all..

I think your taking it the wrong way, Eddie was just offering some advise. Anyways, keep at it, eventually someone will say yes ;)

disrespeced me is such a commn phrase now. If someone says something you didnt like, they disrespected you. I saw the disrespect in the reply to Ed, not is his comments. But again you are not average, which tells me you think you are some superior hunter, or person in general. All I can say is I doubt you will ever find private land to hunt with those credentials. I pity the guys on state land who does not do it the way you think it should be done, or get within 250 yards of you and "disrespect your hunting area." GOOD LUCK

With past experience, getting to know people has gained us some nice hunting land opportunities. People that don't know-trust you, are certainly not going to allow you to hunt on their properties. I wouldn't either. Find friends, business associates, customers, and or other people that you have connection with. Don't count out the people that might say no this year either. Remember, their are good reasons why they said no. But I find that sometimes, that changes over time with a few. Put yourself in their situration and try to relate to what they are saying, and more inportantly, why. Nothing meant by any of this, just what has worked for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like Orvisman is on a hair trigger. I wouldn't want him anywhere near me in the woods. Fasteddie didn't "disrespect" you he was just suggesting that it might be hard to find land to hunt for this season if you are just begining your search now. If that sets you off I feel bad for someone who does slam their door in your face.