A Couple of Beasts on My Cam!

WNYBuckHunter

"I give it a 10...a f'in 10"...........how about just shooter? The big one in the back on the 2nd pic, maybe 140-150...that's just my guess going off one on my wall that is a 138"....looks pretty symetrical so no dedutions. But i'll be honest with you, take my scoring with a grain of salt! I'm probably worse at scoring deer then Obama is at creating jobs..........

Yeah the one in the first 2 pics is very symetrical except for the split G3 on his right side. Im guessing him to be a real good 3 1/2 or a 4 1/2 year old from the body size. The one in the last 3 pics, hes not symetrical at all, and has that huge drop tine on the left antler, along with a split brow and if you zoom in, it looks like he has alot of junk at the bases. Id gues him to be a 5 1/2 because he is so much more bulky and looks to have some good sway in his back.

You know you shouldnt be putting your trail cameras up inside that fence at the deer farm you went to dont you? lol My god your piece of hunting heaven has some great bucks on it. You are one lucky hunter to have that kind of potential in your back pocket.

HAHAHA I was waiting for someone to say that. The funny thing is, I just got access to this farm last year, and didnt hunt it much because I didnt have any time to scout and did not want to screw up the spots that the other people who hunt here already had. I had absolutely no idea that this farm held deer like this. I did some shed hunting in the spring and came up with a little 4 point shed, but nothing else. Ive seen some little 8s and one good 8, but thats about it. Im still in a bit of shock over what I got on my camera. I moved the cam to face a different direction yesterday, so I cant wait to see what I get in a couple of weeks. I sure wish my other camera hadnt died on me.

Cantrell, If I get either of these guys, Ill be talking to you. Sam, where do you see the 3rd split? Ive magnified each pic and can only see 2.

BTW, theres no QDM going on here and no ARs. The people that hunt this farm hunt to eat from what Ive been told, which is why I didnt expect to see bucks like this. My daughter helped me name both deer, the wide 11 point is now called Hayrake and the drop tine is Picklefork. B)

Yessir, hoping to catch one of them slippin this year.

I was out glassing some fields just before dark tonight and caught Hayrake (the wide 11 point) feeding in a bean field about 300 to 400 yards away from where the camera is. I have a pretty good idea of what trails he is using to get in and out of the fields and will be hanging a stand or two between his bedding area and these fields. Hopefully I can catch him heading out to feed in the late afternoon or evening.

Man those are some great bucks, New york is starting to produce some giants. WNY buck hunter if you dont have a taxidermist picked out for those big boys check me out I would love to work on that big drop tine buck, already seeing him as a nice pedistal piece lol.

I don't think NY is building bucks any bigger, I'd say the introduction of the trail cam has shown people all the bucks that they will probably never kill!! All those nocturnal priks that disappear when the nimrods show up!!

I have other things that I need to get before I get another camera. My 3D target is shot and I still need to practice lol. My plans have changed a little since finding out about these deer. I was figuring on spending a good amount of time at my father's pursuing the big one that I botched the shot on last year, and Ill still go over there, but these two have the majority of my attention right now.