Going to have to wait for next weekend

41 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Was hoping to sneak out tonight for an hour or two to hunt Fox/yotes but since one property is shotgun only for deer and ML season is still open, can’t use the rifle with the thermal.   I guess patience is a virtue.  

fwiw, there is an exception for a caliber smaller than a .22. That's why I got a .204, you can use it the full coyote season. again, fwiw.

1 minute ago, goosifer said:

fwiw, there is an exception for a caliber smaller than a .22. That's why I got a .204, you can use it the full coyote season. again, fwiw.

Yeah, I don’t have a smaller caliber.   Plus I want to use thermal and it’s set on 223

• Like 1

Greg Hertel's Airedale "Angus" Barking At The Moon, he is a pretty fair dog on cats having treed several Lions and Bobcats out in Wyoming this season.

5 hours ago, martin said:

"Bark at the Moon." It's an awesome web site.

It is a good varmint site.

untitled.png

2019-12-17_165427.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

I built a 20 practical (39 grn JHP going 4,200 fps) so I could hunt varmints during deer hunting season, but never saw a dog the two times I went out.

Now that deer season is over,  I'm hoping to get some action this weekend with the neutered big bore AR.

SJC

11 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

I built a 20 practical (39 grn JHP going 4,200 fps) so I could hunt varmints during deer hunting season, but never saw a dog the two times I went out.

Now that deer season is over,  I'm hoping to get some action this weekend with the neutered big bore AR.

SJC

Please give me specs on your build, the barrel really. Just started looking at the 20practical and like what i see. Will probably what i build for next year because im hopefully getting permission to hunt some good property in erie county. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 7:36 AM, Gencountyzeek said:

Please give me specs on your build, the barrel really. Just started looking at the 20practical and like what i see. Will probably what i build for next year because im hopefully getting permission to hunt some good property in erie county. 

Sorry about the late reply. 

I built it on a left hand savage axis action using a 24" Criterion barrel and precision Lug + Nut from NSS.

I built a 20 vartarg for a friend and while super accurate, getting 221 brass to form at the time was expensive.

It was a super accurate round though and I caught the 20 bug.

Since I had a plentiful amount of 223 brass, the 20 Practical was the choice for me.

It was also the cheapest build I could afford at the time and it's super accurate.

I didn't get to go out into the woods because of other obligations lately, but the next couple of weeks I'll be spending some time at local spots with the 9mm pcp rifle.

SJC

• Like 1