Hows everyone shooting so far?

jr.deerslayer

I just shoot out to 35 yards and that about it for me. I shoot all year long and do get good groups from 35 yards and in. I also shoot 3D's most weekends and also one time during the mid week. I have one new bow that so far is just giving me problems, setup at 56 lbs and 28 inch draw. I seem to get 6 arrows out of 9 that look just great but those other 3 can be all high. It like I am not coming back to full draw and or over drawing. I have a kisser and peep on the string.

My other bows all shoot very well and never had anything like this occur with them. They are 2 hoyt and 2 alpines...High country is the problem...

Well, last night was the first time I had experimented out to 50. It was getting darker but I still managed to shoot a 4 in group after I got the correct height set on my sight (I use a tru glow range rover) but they were all to the left a few inches of the bull. So after I get out of school I will try again and see if it was me or not. I have a fairly thick pin and it covers the bull at 50 so I may try to shoot at 60 but that will be all my sight will handle i believe....as my yardage marks are getting fairly close to the top of the single pin sight.

One of the main reasons I Bow hunt is to get the deer in as close as possible to shoot them. I bow hunt b/c getting a deer to come into 30 or less yards makes it fun and a challenge. Anything outside of that is what I gun hunt for. Again this is JMO.

I also love to get them as close as possible... but practicing from 40 and 50 makes those 20 and 30 yrd shots seem stupid easy.

I do have a level...but im not sure if i looked at it...im going to shoot in a couple hours we'll see.

Ive been practicing when I can, and my groups are doing ok. Im working on my form some this year, as I changed bows, and was fitted for this one properly, so my draw length changed. I have a little work to do yet, but I should be good with plenty of time to spare.

I practice out to 60 yards, and have been taking some at 70 here and there. Given the right conditions, I wouldnt be afraid to take a 50 or 60 yard shot with the way Im shooting out there.

Ya tryed shooting when i got home. First arrow i shoot i pull back hear something snap and see my arrow sail off into the sunset, talk about pissed. turns out the "pro shop" tyed my loop wrong and it came undone...thankfully i had an arrow knocked so the only i lost was that...and didnt dry fire my new bow. Ran out and got it fixed and then i shot for crap the rest of the night. i think i was just nervous that the idiot tyed the new one on right.

Ya tryed shooting when i got home. First arrow i shoot i pull back hear something snap and see my arrow sail off into the sunset, talk about pissed. turns out the "pro shop" tyed my loop wrong and it came undone...thankfully i had an arrow knocked so the only i lost was that...and didnt dry fire my new bow. Ran out and got it fixed and then i shot for crap the rest of the night. i think i was just nervous that the idiot tyed the new one on right.

I could see where that happening would make you a bit gun shy thinking it might happen again . I tied my own and I check it every time I pick the bow up .