Doe Permits/ Tags

magnumhunt

yeah you can apply next year. You pay your money you take your chances. It isnt a guarantee. Are you going to write to the dec and say what. Umm I applied for a permit and did not get it, so I want my money back. Or send me one just because I am special.

• Like 1

I wonder why the DEC doesn't re-implement the party concept in some of these areas where they have totally cut off the permits. Remember the days when some places had to have 4 or 5 guys to a permit. Yes it was a pain in the butt, but I would think that in these few WMUs where permits have been eliminated it would be better to share a permit with others than to simply have year after year of no chance at all. Yeah I know, who could afford the software changes to the DECALS computers for just those few WMUs ...... :D

My area in 40 is overrun with does. Maybe because of all my food plots or the DEC is just late on counting the upswing in population. I have no problem seeing 20 does a day when hunting. I always ask my buds to please take a doe when bow or muzz. hunting. to try and get the buck to doe ratio corrected and to get the carrying capacity under control. My plots have been getting wiped out the last 3 years before bow season even starts!.

I try to ignore people like bubba. I had 3 other buddies of of mine to apply for 4O and nothing thats a total of 8 tries. I also tried to put my second choice 4F. Last year ive must of seen 15+/- does. thats in one little area in Sanford. The bucks are hard to come across but its nice to have a doe permit just incase.

Wow... Bubba.... Easy big guy.... LOL.... I'm with Geno, I don't even try for preference points in 4Y anymore.. they don't give them out at all...

I applied in 4Y and did not get it this year but got 1 preference point. After 6 years this was the first time I didn't get my preference.

I try to ignore people like bubba. I had 3 other buddies of of mine to apply for 4O and nothing thats a total of 8 tries. I also tried to put my second choice 4F. Last year ive must of seen 15+/- does. thats in one little area in Sanford. The bucks are hard to come across but its nice to have a doe permit just incase.

Some guys have landowner permits and couldn't care less about the rest of us. They don't have to be concerned about being rejected.

Dave,

I don't know where you get the idea that guys with landowner permits couldn't care less about the rest of you. I do wish the DEC would release more doe tags for 4o and I am a land owner! My buds have also been rejected the last few years and our doe population has been on the rise.

Seems like you have a chip on your shoulder against land owners. Land owners play a big role in preserving the land from development so wildlife can flourish. Many farms have been past down through the generations and it is very hard to hold onto them in these hard times because of fiscal problems. I worked my butt off for 30 years to amass enough $ for a downpayment on a piece of land. If one of the bonuses of being a landowner is getting one measly doe tag. I'll take it!

Edited by catskillkid
  • Like 1

Dave,

I don't know where you get the idea that guys with landowner permits couldn't care less about the rest of you. I do wish the DEC would release more doe tags for 4o and I am a land owner! My buds have also been rejected the last few years and our doe population has been on the rise.

Seems like you have a chip on your shoulder against land owners. Land owners play a big role in preserving the land from development so wildlife can flourish. Many farms have been past down through the generations and it is very hard to hold onto them in these hard times because of fiscal problems. I worked my butt off for 30 years to amass enough $ for a downpayment on a piece of land. If one of the bonuses of being a landowner is getting one measly doe tag. I'll take it!

That statement wasn't ment for everyone just the ones that make fun of those who question why they didn't get a permit when they always get one. I too am a land owner and reside in 4W where few permits are issued without preference points. And DMP are hard to get for the past few years and my buds have the same problem your friends are having. Last year and this summer I saw more does than I have seen in the last 10 years. And then they were issuing permits now we have the deer we have no permits go figure. And I don't have a chip on my shoulder, just responding to a response to magnumhunter.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I guess I was just venting, I do here that dribble from guys who don't want the work or responsibilities of ownership but still want the percs that go along with it.

I usually give my DMP to one of the guys who haven't gotten a deer in a while.

I'll also give my DMP tag to a friend who does not bow hunt and has not shot a buck yet when it gets late in the rifle season. We do take advantage and shoot a few does during the bow season on our bow tags.

I have a bunch of family friends that have a club in 4O, near the water shed property. I think it's Murphy hill road, is that near you?