Who Got A New Harness This Year??

Lawdwaz

Bought the most recent version of the Hunter safety system harness, which replaced my Seat-O-the pants safety harness from years ago. Love the harness. Use a lifeline of my own with the prusitt(?) knot.

Wouldn't mind having the safely rig at the local Olean "Y" climbing wall, that allows those that lose climbing wall grip to gently glide down to the floor without killing oneself. That would be perfect. I  see some on-line stuff similar. I do worry about a fall about the same as slipping in the shower and conking myself on the head. Ground blinds are the answer. 

]

i'm still on my current one that's a Muddy Safeguard with a rope/prusik knot style tree strap. i like the lightweight and that it doesn't cover anything up. Had a HSS vest pro-series before that and it was just too heavy. didn't breathe much either. have muddy and HSS life lines too. impartial to the lifelines. they all seem to work.

It’s not hard to add a descent devise  or braking system to your lifeline, the trouble is climbing up with it . Here’s one I still have from my bailout system from work, works great diving out a window for a controlled descent , royal pain in the a$$ to feed the rope back through , like you’d have to do climbing up . 

https://www.thefirestore.com/store/product.aspx/productId/12196/selectedVariationId/26592/Sterling-F4-Escape-Auto-Locking-Descent-Control-Device-NFPA-E?utm_source=googlebase&utm_campaign=googlebase&utm_content=26592&gclid=CjwKCAiA9JbwBRAAEiwAnWa4Q6lMRbDKXHZCYV3tlNQnmjolvPowFpkTMtxN6MNTVk3s9YxY0N1s8hoCspAQAvD_BwE

You can always carry a second closed loop on you, then in case of a fall, if you somehow can’t climb back in, tie a Prusik with it near your foot, put foot in it ,stand up , slide top one down , hang from that, lower bottom one , keep inch worming down . Ive gone up and down three stories like that in training .

4 minutes ago, Nomad said:

....u can always carry a second closed loop on you, then in case of a fall, if you somehow can’t climb back in, tie a Prusik with it near your foot, put foot in it ,stand up , slide top one down , hang from that, lower bottom one , keep inch worming down . Ive gone up and down three stories like that in training .

i have the relief strap on me but that's a good idea too. i feel like i would be able to get to the life line or climbing sticks though. probably carry that on you as you wouldn't know what height you'd be at based on how much of the stitching popped on your tether?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i have the relief strap on me but that's a good idea too. i feel like i would be able to get to the life line or climbing sticks though. probably carry that on you as you wouldn't know what height you'd be at based on how much of the stitching popped on your tether? . I’m 100% ladders, which may be worse as getting “ out “ to the rungs could be harder then reaching steps or sticks along tree, depending on where you end up hanging I guess .

with the second loop, I know I can get down ,if I can’t get to the rungs .

I wear a rock climbing harness with my climber and the standard harness that you get free with stands when using my hang-ons.  I'll probably be upgrading the standard harness this year.  I use lifelines on my permanent stands.  I used to be very concerned about suspension trauma which is why I went to the rock climbing harness but I now feel the likelihood of falling and not being able to reach my sticks or stand is almost zero.  Whatever you opt for I'd practice with it.  I hung from both the rock climbing harness and the standard harness and the pros and cons of each are immediately evident.