Gonna have to eat some crow...

WNYBuckHunter

I sure hope it tastes good.I was looking at the Whisker Biscuit rest I bought for my new bow this year, and it looked like the biscuit part is not replaceable like the original ones were. I did a little searchig and sure enough, Trophy Ridge changed the design and now whenever the whiskers wear out, you have to buy a completely new rest. To hell with that crap, the thing cost me almost $60, Im not going to spend that every year (at least).

Ive been looking at full containment drop away rests (which I said I wouldnt do, thus Ill be eating crow), and looked at the Trophy Ridge Revolution, but have heard about alot of failures with them, so I think Im going to give the QAD Ultrarest HDX a shot. Its a little pricey, but its a solid design thats been around for quite a while, and it gets great reviews.

I sure hope it tastes good.I was looking at the Whisker Biscuit rest I bought for my new bow this year, and it looked like the biscuit part is not replaceable like the original ones were. I did a little searchig and sure enough, Trophy Ridge changed the design and now whenever the whiskers wear out, you have to buy a completely new rest. To hell with that crap, the thing cost me almost $60, Im not going to spend that every year (at least).

Ive been looking at full containment drop away rests (which I said I wouldnt do, thus Ill be eating crow), and looked at the Trophy Ridge Revolution, but have heard about alot of failures with them, so I think Im going to give the QAD Ultrarest HDX a shot. Its a little pricey, but its a solid design thats been around for quite a while, and it gets great reviews.

Really? Thats a shame its my favorite rest.. I guess I should order a bunch of replacements?

Here's a secret I learned from a bow shop. Just get the old whisker biscuit, they cost less and work the same. I had to buy another one this yr because the horizontal adjustment screw wouldn't losen and I stripped the bolt trying to loosen it. But prior to that I had it on there for 3 yrs and never made any adjustments and it worked fine and the bow stayed tuned all that time. So far I have been able to find replacements for all models on Cabelas.So I don't know what model you have but you might want to look there.

http://www.trophyrid...om/service/faq/

Edited by erussell

The one I have is the Kill Shot, no replacement biscuit for it. I havent been able to find the old style locally for the second season now and I dont like the idea that I cant get the replacements locally if I need to. I also dont like the idea of putting another mechanical piece on the bow, just more that could go wrong. Ill see what I can find, but Im probably going to bite the bullet.

The one I have is the Kill Shot, no replacement biscuit for it. I havent been able to find the old style locally for the second season now and I dont like the idea that I cant get the replacements locally if I need to. I also dont like the idea of putting another mechanical piece on the bow, just more that could go wrong. Ill see what I can find, but Im probably going to bite the bullet.

Your right no replacement for the kill shot. I almost bought that one to, glad I didn't. It doesnt make sense to provide a replacement biscuit for all your rest's except one. Especially since the cheaper model has one and the killshot which cost more doesn't. Brilliant sale's Idea, I hope they fired the braniac who came up with that. So WB buyer beware dont get the killshot.

Your right no replacement for the kill shot. I almost bought that one to, glad I didn't. It doesnt make sense to provide a replacement biscuit for all your rest's except one. Especially since the cheaper model has one and the killshot which cost more doesn't. Brilliant sale's Idea, I hope they fired the braniac who came up with that. So WB buyer beware dont get the killshot.

They only have 1 model left that you can replace the biscuit on, and nobody locally stocks it, its only really available online. All of the new ones are similar to the Kill Shot.

, so I think Im going to give the QAD Ultrarest HDX a shot. Its a little pricey, but its a solid design thats been around for quite a while, and it gets great reviews.

i have to vote for this one. I have used a WB for a few years now and am saving up to move away from it.

Take a look at Hostage rest kinda like a trimmed down version of a WB had one on my bow for three years now and idk if I'll ever switch to a drop away...like you said just one more thing to go wrong.

Good luck

CNY

My daughter has one on her Diamond, and I have looked into them. The bottom support brushes wear out faster than a biscuit and throw them out of tune. I want something thats not going to wear out any time soon. Thanks for the tip though! B)

So why don't you want to just order it over the net? I know you like to stay local but for something like this whats the difference?

And I can't beleive they would even sell one that doesn't have the replaceable part on it, what the heck is wrong with them.

I can just see the writing on the wall. They are going to discontinue the old style and replacements eventually.

I will take a different approach if thats what they are doing, I will buy up enough replacement biscuits to last me the rest of my life..lol

Lancaster has my style for a price of $12, so if I replace them every three years and bow hunt till I'm 80 I only have to buy 16 of them at a cost of $197. Ha thats the cost of two new rests like you want. And you are older than me so it might be $12 cheaper for you..lol

QAD has done well for me on my backup bow. Have a Limbdriver on my primary it shoots the best in my opinion (on my bow setups) but it's not the friendliest for hunting purposes (containment issues at times when in a stand).

For a good cost effective rest...I've not heard much in the way of complaints about the NAP apache rests.

I found out yesterday that with the new WBs, you can still change out just the biscuit. I wont bother with the drop away now.

Oh great well now you owe me $197.16 for the 16 replacement biskets I ordered...lol

You know I saw the way to replace them the same day you posted this, kinda funny, and a relief!