Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

Had two fawns come in at daylight and play around my stand for 40 minutes. Presented me every possible shot you could think of! Just wish their mom or dad would have showed up. Didn't see anything after that. Headed out in a few for the later afternoon/evening hunt. Weather is nice here in Cayuga county. A little breeze, cloudy, cool, and no rain or snow. Good luck y'all!

Still sitting since 6:30 Am. No precip you'd think the deer would be moving before the snow comes. Saw a big doe 20 mins ago about 150 yds walking through corn Nothing else. At least there is a babbling brook behind me. Nice and peaceful.

After a long day on my stand 6:30am - 2:00 pm I'mnow having a cup of coffee and toasting my feet by the wood stove watching the snow come down.

bcc33714.jpg

sweet realy comming down tommorow should be realy good.

Im back out here and its beautiful

How is the snow in your area been snowing here in Dutchess since 12:30 ive been back home for couple hours.got a doe and called it a day.as allways good hunting. Edited by Dom

Well pretty good day, got in the woods at 6:00, and somehow remembered my stand to be farther down then it actually was. Found it in a few more minutes and climbed up to find my harness was totally screwed up and had to rearrange the fricken thing, Finally got settled in and it was already light. Saw three deer about 7:20 running a ridge but they were to far to see what they were. Started hitting Grunt/Can calls periodically and to my surprise had a doe walk behind me. She kept walking and stopped at 6 yards, I drew and stuck her, didnt get a total passthrough because in my hast i just put the pin on her vitals and punched the release, took out both shoulders and she went total maybe 25 yards. Went to work and was only 10 minutes late and had my dad gut and hang her, so it worked out perfect.I've been doing his for 4 years now so it was some payback i suppose. Later around 4 my buddy called and said that a coyote had just passed him, out of range and it was headed toward me. Made a frantic run around the house to find bullets and my clip. I kept an eye outside and soon spotted the coyote coming across my field. Loaded my gun, opened my bedroom window and smoked him at 120 yards. So it turned out to be an awesome day.

• Like 1

LOL Pat, heres what happened. Just before I posted about the does, I had hit my fawn bleat and doe bleat a few times hoping to get the does to come back. Right as I was hitting reply on the phone, I saw the buck coming right in from behind and to my right. I damn near dropped the stupid phone trying to get it back into my pocket, as I still had my bow in one hand and the phone in the other. I got turned, release clipped on and drawn just as his head cleared some brush between us. I waited for his vitals to get in the lane and began to squeeze the trigger with my 20 and 30 yard pins split right behind his shoulder. Just as I was doing that, he began to slightly quarter to me. The arrow hit him with a good thwack and he kicked and ran about 60 yards and stopped. He had his head and tail down and stood there for a few minutes, then he walked maybe 10 more yards and stopped again. I grunted and bleated with the grunt tube and he never looked back, just slowly walked into the brush. I waited 10 minutes and called up to the house and asked my father to bring a flashlight. Looked for my arrow, nowhere to be found, and couldnt see any blood, as it was getting dark. I walked to the field edge where I saw him go into the brush, shined my light and didnt see anything so we backed out for the night. I had to go pick up my son anyhow, so Ill let him go for the night and get back on the trail in the morning.