Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

I think my Nephew has the same problem. Arrow stayed in the deer and little blood. They were still looking at noon haven't heard from him since.

I also hit one like that last year, never found the arrow either...I believe the hit was high, did a grid search and found a total of one drop of blood 200 yards away. With the arrow still buried you would think its got to be constantly cutting but I never found him. Edited by jr.deerslayer

well it was a great hunt, i saw a really nice 8 and my buddy saw a spike a 6 and shot a really nice buck he thinks is an 8. He stayed in his stand until i got to him about 2 hours after the shot we looked for blood with out getting to close to the area he ran in. I opted to back out and let him lay and we will be in at first light. i hope we find him!

Woke up this morning and while I was getting ready for college my father looked across the street to the pasture and there was a deer. Upon closer inspection there was a spike, six, and massive eight fighting, thought about going on the sneak but mom was already outside and was tired of waiting for us to spy so she took off for work and scared them back into the woods, now I'm back in school for awhile and then I get to go to work after this....wonderful...havent seen a buck accept Opening weekend...now we see three...My life explained in three sentences.Lol

Back in the stand. Adjusted to a new sspot about 80 yards from this morning. A few more heavily used trails here. I also freshened a couple of scrapes with the last of my Grave Digger and put a cam on theargest one with anoverhaning branch.

Just a guess WNY - but are you a Syracuse fan/alumni? haha

To all my dedicated NY hunters who help spread the word on activity levels day to day. Thumbs up to Geno C. who we probably have over 500 text messages to each other keeping each other informed as to what's going on in the field. It's working...

I got into my stand at around 7:00am. I had movement from around 7:30 to about 8:00 which was just under some trees that were still holding leaves. At 8:03am I noticed the sound was getting closer and it was time for me to turn to my right to see what was happening. Well there he stood just walking along and keeping his eye on a little doe that was within his range. He continued to walk into my shooting range and that is when I released. The shot was just at around 20 yards broadside. He ran 40 yards in my view and looked to have lost his balance. Almost like he was drunk and passed out. It was a perfect morning with temps in the 30 degrees and wind under 5 mph in my face. I hope you enjoy the story and pics. My first Halloween buck.

post-1443-0-47004600-1320111836_thumb.jp

post-1443-0-62116300-1320111850_thumb.jp

To all my dedicated NY hunters who help spread the word on activity levels day to day. Thumbs up to Geno C. who we probably have over 500 text messages to each other keeping each other informed as to what's going on in the field. It's working...

I got into my stand at around 7:00am. I had movement from around 7:30 to about 8:00 which was just under some trees that were still holding leaves. At 8:03am I noticed the sound was getting closer and it was time for me to turn to my right to see what was happening. Well there he stood just walking along and keeping his eye on a little doe that was within his range. He continued to walk into my shooting range and that is when I released. The shot was just at around 20 yards broadside. He ran 40 yards in my view and looked to have lost his balance. Almost like he was drunk and passed out. It was a perfect morning with temps in the 30 degrees and wind under 5 mph in my face. I hope you enjoy the story and pics. My first Halloween buck.

post-1443-0-47004600-1320111836_thumb.jp

post-1443-0-62116300-1320111850_thumb.jp

Nice Deer ... Congrats