Crossbows... Do you need a forum?

HuntingNY

I think it's a real good idea. There seems to be a couple of people here who are craving the use of crossbows, so why shouldn't they have a place to discuss their favorite weapon. They can talk about bolts and stocks and stuff. 

Doc

Doesn't really matter - until the bill actually is law, not many will be getting one.

And irregardless of the spin attempted by a few here, many/most who support them

are not planningon  getting one to hunt with.

Maybe move the compound machine out of the bowhunting section as well? ;D

Since its just another form of archery equipment, maybe the Bow Hunting section should just be changed to the Archery Hunting forum and people can go in there to discuss all forms of archery equipment, like longbows, recurve bows, compound bows, crossbows, bolts, arrows, broadheads, feathers, releases, etc etc...  ;)

Since its just another form of archery equipment, maybe the Bow Hunting section should just be changed to the Archery Hunting forum and people can go in there to discuss all forms of archery equipment, like longbows, recurve bows, compound bows, crossbows, bolts, arrows, broadheads, feathers, releases, etc etc...  :)

That works for me! How about just create a forum solely devoted to arguments labeled  "Enter at Your own Risk"! If you cannot keep it clean and civilized you run the risk of a "moderators time out".

As hunting season approaches this site is going to get real busy. A rubber room devoted to emotional arguments may just be what is needed to keep this site interseting.

Since its just another form of archery equipment, maybe the Bow Hunting section should just be changed to the Archery Hunting forum and people can go in there to discuss all forms of archery equipment, like longbows, recurve bows, compound bows, crossbows, bolts, arrows, broadheads, feathers, releases, etc etc...  :)

That works for me! How about just create a forum solely devoted to arguments labeled  "Enter at Your own Risk"! If you cannot keep it clean and civilized you run the risk of a "moderators time out".

As hunting season approaches this site is going to get real busy. A rubber room devoted to emotional arguments may just be what is needed to keep this site interseting.

A reincarnation of the "Woodshed" eh?

A reincarnation of the "Woodshed" eh?

Precisely!!

• 2 weeks later...

I used to do a lot of archery but my shoulder is simply shredded (rotater cuff is shot I think) and I can not do it anymore. I recently aquired a Crossbow, a Ten Point XLT as they can be used in my home state and I occasionally travel their for a coupel weeks of hunting. I like the idea of a forum where those who use the equipment can talk politely and help educate each other.

I see no reason to disparage those who hunt with a crossbow vs recurve or compund bow any more than I could justify disparaging comments from Center fire riflers vs Inline muzzle loaders vs the traditional muzzle loader vs tackling and wrestling the deer to death.

It takes mutual respect for us to keep our hunting rights and priviledges protected.