Pronghorn?

Billdogge

Pronghorn hunts are great fun and are relatively inexpensive...A guide really isn't required,  but it's not a bad idea for your first trip, especially  for help with judging heads...The difference between an average head and a good one is only a couple of inches..

I have had good with  a Hunting Consultant..The last trip four of us paid a trespass fee for a 3 day hunt and all tagged really nice bucks..  I'll look up my info and get back to you

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Pronghorn hunts are great fun and are relatively inexpensive...A guide really isn't required,  but it's not a bad idea for your first trip, especially  for help with judging heads...The difference between an average head and a good one is only a couple of inches..

I have had good with  a Hunting Consultant..The last trip four of us paid a trespass fee for a 3 day hunt and all tagged really nice bucks..  I'll look up my info and get back to you

That would be great. Thanks Pygmy.

A pronghorn hunt is probably one of the most fun things you can do with your clothes on. They're an absolute hoot! And it's fun to try and get close to 50 pairs of eyes all watching you. Easy to shoot any old pronghorn but the real challenge is when you pick one specific one

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billdogge said:

Anyone been on a good pronghorn hunt? Looking for a guided hunt for first time out west hunting.

Thanks

Someone i work goes every year he loves and says its pretty cheap compared to other hunts.  He says its a blast he shot his the second morning last year and then they set him up for free to shoot prairie dogs for a couple day.  Good luck if you end up going.

• Like 1

The outfit I booked the hunts through was called Butch Manasse Outdoor Adventures at the time...They are still in business but I think they have expanded considerably since then..I dealt with a guy named Wally, whom IIRC  is no longer with us...However Butch himself, his wife and others  are available to talk to, I believe...

Pretty simple...Call or email and tell them what you would like to hunt and how much you can afford to pay...They will help you with drawing tags, give you directions ( they personally hunt most of the properties themselves)  and generally help you through the process...

Four of us flew to Casper, Wyoming and stayed in a motel...We booked a 3 day trespass fee hunt...We drove to the property ( thousands of acres) each morning  and drove the ranch roads glassing for antelope....You don't need to be there at dawn, because antelope are daytime animals and are active all day.. We saw many hundreds of animals daily...They are very alert and sharp eyes. and many stalks did not produce a shot, but there were so many of them that  all you had to do was drive around a bit  and find some more animals...We rented 4WD pickups, which handled the terrain very nicely, except when it rains and the ranch roads turn to GUMBO, which makes them nearly impassible...However, an hour after the rain stops, the roads dry out and become navigable again...Great fun..I wish I could go every year...Probably if I quit spending so much money on  booze, gambling and hookers I could, but a fellow needs SOMETHING to occupy his time between hunting seasons...

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

The outfit I booked the hunts through was called Butch Manasse Outdoor Adventures at the time...They are still in business but I think they have expanded considerably since then..I dealt with a guy named Wally, whom IIRC  is no longer with us...However Butch himself, his wife and others  are available to talk to, I believe...

Pretty simple...Call or email and tell them what you would like to hunt and how much you can afford to pay...They will help you with drawing tags, give you directions ( they personally hunt most of the properties themselves)  and generally help you through the process...

Four of us flew to Casper, Wyoming and stayed in a motel...We booked a 3 day trespass fee hunt...We drove to the property ( thousands of acres) each morning  and drove the ranch roads glassing for antelope....You don't need to be there at dawn, because antelope are daytime animals and are active all day.. We saw many hundreds of animals daily...They are very alert and sharp eyes. and many stalks did not produce a shot, but there were so many of them that  all you had to do was drive around a bit  and find some more animals...We rented 4WD pickups, which handled the terrain very nicely, except when it rains and the ranch roads turn to GUMBO, which makes them nearly impassible...However, an hour after the rain stops, the roads dry out and become navigable again...Great fun..I wish I could go every year...Probably if I quit spending so much money on  booze, gambling and hookers I could, but a fellow needs SOMETHING to occupy his time between hunting seasons...

WTF......I never took you for a gambler??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 10:10 AM, Billdogge said:

Anyone been on a good pronghorn hunt? Looking for a guided hunt for first time out west hunting.

Thanks

Just saw this now. You can have success on public land. If you are looking a giant you need points and head to Arizona. Otherwise wyoming is a great start. I would recommend Lee Iberlin. He's a young guy with 70,000 acres. You'll have a blast for a reasonable price depending on what you want included (lodging, food, etc.).

PHONE: 307-217-2433
EMAIL: [email protected]

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Just saw this now. You can have success on public land. If you are looking a giant you need points and head to Arizona. Otherwise wyoming is a great start. I would recommend Lee Iberlin. He's a young guy with 70,000 acres. You'll have a blast for a reasonable price depending on what you want included (lodging, food, etc.).

PHONE: 307-217-2433
EMAIL: [email protected]

Thanks man. Just sent him an email.

• Like 1

I went on a whitetail hunt in Oklahoma with this guy this fall. He does pronghorn hunts in Montana also. Me and the guys I went with had a great time on our hunt. I'm thinking about going on a pronghorn hunt with him in 2021. I think his price was 3000 for three days and all the prairie dogs you want to shoot after you tag out on antelope.

Screenshot_20200219-162708_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...