Corona Virus Thread

492dd1d935a3e9b93445bb2915d7bd39.jpg&key=cd8440553829999398d21cc98353afb351b9dbe48620025422ea7b51c9967889

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with this. I’ve said it many times, the effect of economic shutdown will be felt way longer than coronavirus. We did our job and flattened the curve. If you are at risk with diabetes or heart/lung issues you should be extra careful- Shop once a week during quieter times. But for those who are healthy and young, enjoy your life while continuing to practice good hygiene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4

Agree with this. I’ve said it many times, the effect of economic shutdown will be felt way longer than coronavirus. We did our job and flattened the curve. If you are at risk with diabetes or heart/lung issues you should be extra careful- Shop once a week during quieter times. But for those who are healthy and young, enjoy your life while continuing to practice good hygiene.

Nice biz, nice to know you want our grandparents to die

Were you.. your wife or daughter tested? Not a great idea opening your circle to your mother who is I am guessing 60+. What if you guys were asymptomatic and passed it to her.....that would be devastating. A gamble not worth taking quiet yet. Just a thought....it's the internet so I guess thinking a out loud is ok.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Were you.. your wife or daughter tested? Not a great idea opening your circle to your mother who is I am guessing 60+. What if you guys were asymptomatic and passed it to her.....that would be devastating. A gamble not worth taking quiet yet. Just a thought....it's the internet so I guess thinking a out loud is ok.

How long should they wait? Serious question. We are told this thing will be back in the fall, it’s almost June, a vaccine is 18 months away, I think my mother would rather risk it than not be with family for much longer

• Like 2

My mom goes to stores and shops. As do I again. If I can stand next to strangers in stores, I’ll stand next to relatives. We are all fine with the risks at this point. We stayed away for a long time. Her chances or even my 97 year old grandma or 92 year old grandpa are under 1%

If my wife was returning to work, she would have gone back into office on April 27th. So would she not see me and our daughter? When I go back to work in nyc do I not come home?

I have been done. I worked right on through. We did the whole stay at home for three weeks except for work and groceries. It quickly became apparent that our state is going to keep everything shut down to try to get a big bail out. 

I'm not going to have my life consist of work and home, living afraid all the time. I don't have a very big circle of friends and family, but I do enjoy hanging out with them. We can't do much but eat and socialize, but it beats the alternative of doing nothing.

Call me an idiot all you want, but I have lived more in my life than most people ever will, I support myself and my family, I have almost zero debt, and if I end up dying from a virus, so be it. I don't think I have to live to be 80 or 90 to have had a full life.

• Like 3

I have been done. I worked right on through. We did the whole stay at home for three weeks except for work and groceries. It quickly became apparent that our state is going to keep everything shut down to try to get a big bail out. 
I'm not going to have my life consist of work and home, living afraid all the time. I don't have a very big circle of friends and family, but I do enjoy hanging out with them. We can't do much but eat and socialize, but it beats the alternative of doing nothing.
Call me an idiot all you want, but I have lived more in my life than most people ever will, I support myself and my family, I have almost zero debt, and if I end up dying from a virus, so be it. I don't think I have to live to be 80 or 90 to have had a full life.

And further to your point, if you got sick there are hospital beds and ventilators for you. The worry was people would get sick and have no hospital bed. We flattened the curve, so if you get coronavirus or the flu or anything else you can go get a bed at a hospital

• Like 2

How long do we have to wait? How long do we have to be in fear?

A gamble “YOU’RE” not willing to take yet*

I completely respect and understand your decision to not want to continue on with your life but myself and many others, I’m starting to think a majority of the people are/have been.

Those that are against doing, going or anything social, when do you start being social again? 

When Andy says it's ok?

Are you going to wait for a vaccine? Don't count on that. There has never been one created for any covid virus in the past. 

So do we just sit back and and wait?  

• Like 2

492dd1d935a3e9b93445bb2915d7bd39.jpg&key=cd8440553829999398d21cc98353afb351b9dbe48620025422ea7b51c9967889

I couldn’t agree more, the biggest economic issue we have right now is if we do open up too fast and things get really bad and we have to close again it will destroy the economy for a much longer time

• Like 1

I couldn’t agree more, the biggest economic issue we have right now is if we do open up too fast and things get really bad and we have to close again it will destroy the economy for a much longer time

I disagree, the reason why we closed shop was to get the medical field ready. It’s ready, if we keep waiting for the inevitable there won’t be an economy to rebound.

• Like 2

My mom goes to stores and shops. As do I again. If I can stand next to strangers in stores, I’ll stand next to relatives. We are all fine with the risks at this point. We stayed away for a long time. Her chances or even my 97 year old grandma or 92 year old grandpa are under 1%

If my wife was returning to work, she would have gone back into office on April 27th. So would she not see me and our daughter? When I go back to work in nyc do I not come home?

You can stay on our couch. Just kick in some for rent and food of course

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I disagree, the reason why we closed shop was to get the medical field ready. It’s ready, if we keep waiting for the inevitable there won’t be an economy to rebound.

It’s kind of one in the same
If they get overwhelmed again and we are forced to close again it’s over

Again?

Yes In nyc they came pretty dam close If we had not locked down they would have. One of my best friends is a nurse at a major NYC hospital and according to her we were on the brink for a few weeks there. Patients in hallways. 6-7 deaths a night on her critical care floor. Bodies in tractor trailers outside yes we were right there

It’s kind of one in the same
If they get overwhelmed again and we are forced to close again it’s over

I don’t think you’re correct, maybe the city would but the people up here won’t let it happen again.

My county has 230,000 people and we have shut down the economy for 14 deaths and from what I can find 9 of them were in a nursing home. The average age of deaths was 7 years older than the national average life expectancy.

We have closed our county for a .00006% chance of dying.

Now I’m sure you’ll say that’s because we shut down so even if closing cut the deaths in half we’re still talking about a very very small number of deaths.

• Like 4