Corona Virus Thread

3 hours ago, Chef said:
What about idiot trump that has everyone who works in the White House tested and contact traced all the time and then tells you and I we don’t need that and we have enough come on man

Aside from the petty maliciousness that characterizes Trump, moments like this are a handy reminder that he's also actually just pretty damn dumb.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1258838201818476544?s=20

Erie county is begging people to come in and get tested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes because this is Ny, other states it’s not the same. Also not the same message coming from the White House

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Erie county is begging people to come in and get tested

Same in Monroe county . I made my online appointment on a Friday , was tested 11am on Monday got results Wednesday am . I was the only one there , I had to zig zag through rows of cones, like they were set up for hundreds.

Last I heard my old FD had one guy with it ,out of over 450, and he most likely got from his wife who had tested positive first . Consider this , each firehouse in the course of a week has between 20-40 guys living there , going on runs , with other fire houses , going on EMS calls in all sorts of homes ,coming and going from their own  homes , working OT in other firehouses , working side jobs and one known  case in months now . Oh and their not wearing masks, in the firehouse .

Sorry Biz no bars will be open in Syracuse May 16th , that’s the first phase of openings  Bars, restaurants and gyms , are in the ,last phase , number four I believe . We’ve considered flying to visit our friends in FLA for a long weekend where bars and restaurants and open 25% of  inside and up, to 50% of outside seats . I hear it’s warm and sunny too ....

When the dust settles I predict a two to three times  jump in the already high numbers of people who, leave the state .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

June 6 at the earliest now. Although Syracuse area may be May 16th. I’ll have to fly JetBlue to Cuse to go to a bar

First round is on me!

6df1fb0ad942896ab3e7e027b38aeefa.jpg&key=9e24a481a6c2f0c332b722831d6f437d9a6e473dca77789fadb550ee8a887546f4b2e23d04052ff464c2637b92125656.png&key=5ee09e4c8480fb108eca1aa9dcad2c5e064052d3e92acb6fa3199defb220b7aeIf you owned a dying small business in one of these counties you’d be losing your mind right now

Anywhere!

My brother said the lady who cuts his hair texted him about private cuts. If I owned a restaurant I’d probably open low-key for people who want that cool experience of entire restaurant to themselves

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

8% death rate! They should be ashamed!

Probably not as high as some of the down state percentages but they are the leading "upstate" county. I don't think the death toll should be the issue since each new case is a potential death and their cases have done nothing but increase over 22%  since May1st. and 814% since April 1st.

Anywhere!

My brother said the lady who cuts his hair texted him about private cuts. If I owned a restaurant I’d probably open low-key for people who want that cool experience of entire restaurant to themselves

Pretty much what some restaurants are doing it up here, when I was in one yesterday there was probably 5 other couples/families there. The restaurant probably has 50 tables over 3 rooms and there was 1 other group in the section I was in.

I just can’t stand the fact that we have to sneak around to do these things and that the owners are risking fines.

• Like 2

It’s official- 3 of 10 regions of NY met the criteria to reopen phase 1 on May 16. Southern Tier, Mohawk Valley and Finger Lakes

I’m just
Wondering if they’ll wait until Friday to extend us another month or drop it early

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I’m just
Wondering if they’ll wait until Friday to extend us another month or drop it early

I still don't get how it is enforced. My wife works in HR in Westchester county. her team has been working in the office since April 27th a few days per week. she will be doing the same when she finishes maternity leave. I have another friend who is returning to corporate work in putnam county on May 26th. The office i work in (NYC) is open and we get a mask if we arrive and they deep clean each night. None of these 3 examples should be allowed to work from what I understand. We are in the heart of the pandemic, so I have to assume places north and west of us are just going about business as usual.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

We are in the heart of the pandemic, so I have to assume places north and west of us are just going about business as usual.

I wouldn't say we are back to normal. I had to go to Home Depot the other day and had to stand in line(6' apart) to get in. They were limiting customers to a 100 in the store at any one time.

Should be interesting to see what develops as far as openings after this Friday (the 15th).

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Steve D said:

I wouldn't say we are back to normal. I had to go to Home Depot the other day and had to stand in line(6' apart) to get in. They were limiting customers to a 100 in the store at any one time.

Should be interesting to see what develops as far as openings after this Friday (the 15th).

I drive by Lowe's once a week and it's crazy packed.

52 minutes ago, Steve D said:

On the plus side, I’ve never had so many helpful staff at a HD. 

Update for Northern Westchester food-wise: Went to Uncle Giuseppe's today in Yorktown. Zero food shortages and no limits on beef, lamb, chicken, seafood, veggies/fruit, etc. Additionally, I saw plenty of toilet paper and paper towels. I didn't read sign, but maybe 6 per person on that? 

Update for Northern Westchester food-wise: Went to Uncle Giuseppe's today in Yorktown. Zero food shortages and no limits on beef, lamb, chicken, seafood, veggies/fruit, etc. Additionally, I saw plenty of toilet paper and paper towels. I didn't read sign, but maybe 6 per person on that? 

Clean tushies at the whatever you last name is house!!!

Call Me The Teflon Don

Edit note. I remembered your last name as soon as I posted my reply. For sake of incognito I'll keep it secret

22 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Your Shittin me ?    LOL