I'd Like To Be a Mouse In the Corner For This One

Cuomo to meet with Trump over New York Global Entry ban

Gov. Andrew Cuomo said he would meet with President Trump on Thursday to discuss a ban on New Yorkers participating in an expedited traveler program that prompted the state to sue the administration

https://nypost.com/2020/02/12/cuomo-to-meet-with-trump-over-new-york-global-entry-ban/

No thanks to Cuomo, I like many others wasted the extra money for the enhanced license.

Now if Cuomo does not resolve New York State being noncompliant with the Feds, New Yorkers will need to spend money for a passport.  Maybe we have no place in New York as Andy says!  We will have to drive out of New York because we cannot fly out.

Personally I believe he will defy the Feds to appease his liberal supporters because that is as Andy says "who they are".

12 minutes ago, ADK Native said:

No thanks to Cuomo, I like many others wasted the extra money for the enhanced license.

Now if Cuomo does not resolve New York State being noncompliant with the Feds, New Yorkers will need to spend money for a passport.  Maybe we have no place in New York as Andy says!  We will have to drive out of New York because we cannot fly out.

Personally I believe he will defy the Feds to appease his liberal supporters because that is as Andy says "who they are".

Global Entry is for international travellers and requires a valid passport to apply. Its not a domestic travelling program.

And you can still fly out of NY, just not take expedited lanes in customs (which is only international travellers)

There is so much traffic out of JFK for overseas business, I don't see the backlash lasting.

Edited by Dinsdale

And this article is poorly researched as Global Entry is one of several Trusted Traveller programs , not addition too.

"Global Entry and Trusted Traveler programs that allow US citizens quicker re-entry after traveling overseas."

See here;https://ttp.dhs.gov/?utm_source=search.usa.gov&utm_medium=search.usa.gov&utm_term=undefined&utm_content=undefined&utm_campaign=(not set)&gclid=undefined&dclid=undefined&GAID=558077476.1581562692

I Haven't posted to this forum in quite a while, but this topic is near and dear to me. I don't understand why  Cuomo has never been directly asked, "Do you support ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION", not "undocumented" (it's just a watered down term), and not LEGAL IMMIGRATION. These are being lumped together and they are different. Let him say without any backtalk that he supports something that is ILLEGAL as defined by the federal government. Entering the country ILLEGALLY violates federal law. (section 275 of the I.N.A). If he goes on record supporting an ILLEGAL act then everybody can make their own decision on his reelection, and any person running for public office who shares the same opinion. I never realized that the governor can pick and choose what laws they will enforce.

• Like 3

You will have two arrogant, pompous dumbass know it all's from different sides of the political spectrum in the same room together.  There will be plenty of hot air spewed.  Hopefully no one lights a match or the white house might explode.

With that said, I wish that the Fed's would be waiting for Cuomo at the door of the white house to cuff and arrest him for violating federal law by harboring illegal immigrants in his state and even issuing them drivers licenses.  It is time that Federal law be followed by these sanctuary states and cities and someone needs to be made an example of.  What is the purpose of establishing national laws if various state and cities won't follow them?  It would be great if we had a more honest president in the white house at the moment to enforce such laws.  It would carry much more weight than someone like Trump enforcing them who himself wouldn't bat an eye at ignoring laws.

I've got several issues with Trump but it was still far better than the alternative. 

I do have a huge problem with Cuomo and one issue is one I have with other elected officials. It's the whole pass a law to then figure out what is in it and how it impacts things. I have issue with him on this becasue he honestly does think he is above the law and that NY policy and law should be at his whim. They just passed the Green light. NOW he says he will negotiate the data access to the Feds?  It's part of the law. It isn't for him to arbitrarily change. Same as the provisions of the UN Safe Act. It is NOT up to him what gets enforced or not. Just as giving status to ILLEGALS. Now he wants to revisit the bail reform?  I am sick of legislation to appease the whim of the vocal few. (both sides)

Our elected officials should be making a stand. If something is presented without enough information or study of impact of if they don't have enough time to review the mountain of pages in a new Bill it should be a default NO vote. 

Does anyone know how many tax payer funded staff each federal and state reps have in their groups? 

• Like 2

On 2/13/2020 at 9:33 AM, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I hope he doesn't until the Fed's come up to speed. It will just make my life a living hell. It's bad enough with Medical and the Fed's not recognizing it. 

eh it's not really a living hell. sure there are issues with some employers, but mostly it's decriminalized and people are using it anyhow. Why not get the tax benefits and regulate the safety? Many states are doing just fine with it.

eh it's not really a living hell. sure there are issues with some employers, but mostly it's decriminalized and people are using it anyhow. Why not get the tax benefits and regulate the safety? Many states are doing just fine with it.

But they aren’t. We work in multiple states and are a Federal contractor. It’s a nightmare. We lose good employees all the time to the Rec and Medical because of Federal standards

Have a CDL and try using to recreational or for Medical

2 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

But they aren’t. We work in multiple states and are a Federal contractor. It’s a nightmare. We lose good employees all the time to the Rec and Medical because of Federal standards

Have a CDL and try using to recreational or for Medical

that's on the employee though. they know better. Not any different than not drinking and driving with your CDL. I have quite a bit of experience in this area with post accident testing and people lose their mind sometimes when talking pot. A worker being stoned is no different than them being drunk. Both are ok in your free time, but not on the job. But the issue is also with a positive monday morning test for smoking a joint on friday night vs a heavy night of drinking Sunday afternoon and that's my biggest concern. 

24 minutes ago, Belo said:

that's on the employee though. they know better. Not any different than not drinking and driving with your CDL. I have quite a bit of experience in this area with post accident testing and people lose their mind sometimes when talking pot. A worker being stoned is no different than them being drunk. Both are ok in your free time, but not on the job. But the issue is also with a positive monday morning test for smoking a joint on friday night vs a heavy night of drinking Sunday afternoon and that's my biggest concern. 

I know exactly how it works. Not having an immediate test to THC is what makes it the issue. Doctors in the Medical marijuana areas are not up to speed and offer no counsel to their patients. We have lost several that were just astounded when they lost their jobs becasue they did have a script. 

On 2/14/2020 at 1:19 PM, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I know exactly how it works. Not having an immediate test to THC is what makes it the issue. Doctors in the Medical marijuana areas are not up to speed and offer no counsel to their patients. We have lost several that were just astounded when they lost their jobs becasue they did have a script. 

immediate test? No. But after the pee is analyzed it's clear that at least at some point they have been smoking. Which of course is the issue, because you can't prove it was on the job or not. 

I totally agree about the medical script part. I know some that have it, and my employer clearly states that even with the script, or even where it's legal in the state, as a government contractor you can not partake. I don't believe anyone has been caught or lost their job though. Being the sole provider I wouldn't risk my career over it, that's for sure.

Furthermore, even if the feds allow it, I believe an employer can still ban it. Unlikely, but I'm not sure it's discrimination... a fun supreme court case for sure, but i believe discrimination is sex, ethnicity, religion, disability etc. Makes me wonder if an employer could "forbid you" from drinking alcohol off the clock.

Edited by Belo