Just sayen guys............

First-light

This weekend the weather is going to be bad, why not use it to your advantage.

Tell your sweetie that your not hunting this weekend and you'll do some things together. You've waited this long what's another weekend especially with the forecast that is predicted? This way when she finds out that a couple of husbands are going to her best friends bridal shower the first weekend in November you pull out your card.......just sayen.

Actually, I make it a purpose to do that prior to the season and after the season. This is my time to take - given special circumstances. There were plenty of instances where I completed honey-do's, rearranged my schedule to cater to what she wanted to do, and even tossed in a few surprises (got away for a short weekend this summmer to a place she really wanted to visit).

Sure beats missing out on opening day regardless of the weather.

The key is that you have to make an effort to do this kind of stuff, whether you do it in-season or around the season....it goes a long way.

Edited by phade

Nope! ....... She'll just think that you are a wishy-washy wuss and then really expect you to relent with that bridal shower too......lol.

Do guys really go to bridal showers???? Is that part of that "getting in touch with your feminine side" stuff that I've heard about? :pleasantry:

This weekend the weather is going to be bad, why not use it to your advantage.

Tell your sweetie that your not hunting this weekend and you'll do some things together. You've waited this long what's another weekend especially with the forecast that is predicted? This way when she finds out that a couple of husbands are going to her best friends bridal shower the first weekend in November you pull out your card.......just sayen.

Unfortunately I'm not heading up this weekend either mainly cause my nephew is going up with his friends to hang - (they're not hunters). :spiteful: Plus the weather is gonna be bad up where I hunt. Planning on going up next two weekends. May hit the range this weekend instead. :unsure:

LOL Burt you crack me up. I'm with phade on this one. Gotta get it done early. Now the kids are a whole different set of problems. Still trying to figure out why I volunteered to be a soccer coach. Good thing the games will be cancelled due to rain tomorrow. OK gotta get to bed to be able to get up early. Good luck fellas.

Most guys I know slept in today, but then we all have a work schedual that gives us 50 % of the days to hunt plus any tricks we take off. I took off 3 weeks.......

One guy who went out saw 2 small bucks 3 does early when the wind was not to bad.

I'm off to the gym then going to the "mall" with the Mrs. ...........

But she counts on me being gone most of the next 2 months, no sucking up required, but it can't hurt !

Edited by Larry302

I dont need to make any brownie points during hunting season. My fiance is a varsity cheerleading coach, and I do many things throughout the year to support her with what she loves to do. I do things that range from watching the kids when she has a game, competition or meeting all the way up to allowing her team to spend the night in our home, and then I cook breakfast for them all in the morning. In turn, she supports what I love to do by watching the kids and accepting that she is a hunting widow for a few months.

As for today, I should have slept in, but I did see deer. I saw them before it got light, but I did see something.

• 2 weeks later...