2020 Lawn Thread!

BizCT

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

My deer made 3 big jumps and went to sleep from a mechanical ,i look forward to seeing to seeing your first post in the "First shot of the day thread " this year. 

it better be no latter than July! If the Academy goes online theres no excuses at all

it better be no latter than July! If the Academy goes online theres no excuses at all
We'll see if its in July. Depends when I have time to practice. also what is the minimum distance we are talking about?

Call Me The Teflon Don

They look awesome. I have SlickTrick 100gr fixed for compound. I could never trust a mechanical. I use Excal 150 gr boltcutters with xbow. they are awesome.
Damn now I'm debating dropping the cash on testing them out. The biggest question is do I go the wide version or solid version

Call Me The Teflon Don

5 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Damn now I'm debating dropping the cash on testing them out. The biggest question is do I go the wide version or solid version

Call Me The Teflon Don

I read a lot about them on Bowsite forum. I'm sure there are plenty of threads on them.

I read a lot about them on Bowsite forum. I'm sure there are plenty of threads on them.
I spent the last while reading about them. The wide appear to have a larger cut diameter than my current fixed. I still don't understand how they measure the cutting. I want to know the side to side of the main blade. How bleeders add to cutting diameter makes zero sense to me

Call Me The Teflon Don

What can I confirm? That a noose would have been a better choice for that kill than you behind the bow?!?
13f281728ed1f124028d50044c0b2437.jpg&key=2605e1b7ef57bc642eefb68de629a9808f6fd9a2d9f773808f974ac25b1a56bc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should have just jumped out the window of my blind with my pocket knife. Probably would have had more success than using those shitty heads

Call Me The Teflon Don

17 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I spent the last while reading about them. The wide appear to have a larger cut diameter than my current fixed. I still don't understand how they measure the cutting. I want to know the side to side of the main blade. How bleeders add to cutting diameter makes zero sense to me

Call Me The Teflon Don

https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=478986&forum=5 just 1 of many threads

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

They look awesome. I have SlickTrick 100gr fixed for compound. I could never trust a mechanical. I use Excal 150 gr boltcutters with xbow. they are awesome.

Levi morgan has shot every big animal in the Americas and they were all shot with a mechanical . 99.9 percent of the time its the shot and not the broadhead. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I have neighbors and i wish i didn't . I'm not the kind of guy that will dump chemicals in the ground just to step back and feel good about myself but at least i cut my lawn and pick up garbage that blows in. There just is not enough good people left to have only good people  living around us anymore. 

a subtle dig there, but it's ok. I take pride in how my home looks. We looked for over 4 months for a country place with land and just couldn't wait any longer with 2 kids, a dog and a pregnant wife living in our temp apartment after we moved back from the south.

26 minutes ago, Belo said:

a subtle dig there, but it's ok. I take pride in how my home looks. We looked for over 4 months for a country place with land and just couldn't wait any longer with 2 kids, a dog and a pregnant wife living in our temp apartment after we moved back from the south.

I figured i take enough digs at biz and would spread it around LOL

• Like 3

Back to lawns ....
Just finished helping neighbor lay 4,500 sq of sod .
03F332F0-A7CB-4EAE-B4B5-3C262B3C3F51.thumb.jpeg.0c3e5a74fccdb4870be4e3609e82f068.jpeg
7B7F561F-B310-401E-A244-904FF63ED65C.thumb.jpeg.ee93c2258493160959616a2b3d1d2d6b.jpeg
0BBCDBBC-5E7D-45C6-839F-E855E7373A2B.thumb.jpeg.540c64285398cd0bfd135fa2a2ddae15.jpeg

Wow. How long does it take for it to mesh together and look like 1 piece? I know nothing about sod

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Wow. How long does it take for it to mesh together and look like 1 piece? I know nothing about sod

So, easy even I can do it . I don’t know that answer though , top soil, rake it , sprinkle some fertilizer, stager seems , like laying any floor . It’s all laid as close together  as you can get it ,  and it’s good to roll it after laying . Then you water it daily and stay off for a week or so .

I just offered to help ,just picked that up from neighbor.

Got one beer two slices of pizza and two rolls to fill spots in my yard .

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Could you make the pool from the corner of the house?!

I couldn’t , but I bet you could.....

Years back , I came home from work to find our trampoline pulled up next to, our pool , my disappointment was that they weren’t smart enough to move it back before I got home .

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nomad said:

So, easy even I can do it . I don’t know that answer though , top soil, rake it , sprinkle some fertilizer, stager seems , like laying any floor . It’s all laid as close together  as you can get it ,  and it’s good to roll it after laying . Then you water it daily and stay off for a week or so .

I just offered to help ,just picked that up from neighbor.

Got one beer two slices of pizza and two rolls to fill spots in my yard .

I'm shocked they didn't hire the Sod Father @sodfather

• Like 2

I thought you moved away at one point! Turns out I was right!

Call Me The Teflon Don